13: Three On Three

It was Tuesday and practice just ended, so the girls were cleaning up the gym and getting ready to go back to the rooms

"KAZZZZZ!" Goshiki yelled, running into the girls gym so fast he was a blur. He stopped right in front of her, panting as she gave him a worried and surprised look.

"Um, are you okay Goshiki?"

"Y-yes I'm fine," He laughed awkwardly. "Uh, I wanted to ask you to come practice with me! I need a setter since Shirabu and Semi don't wanna do any more today."

"Of course I'll practice with you Goshiki! Just give me a minute to clean up the balls and then we can go over to your gym, yeah?" Kazane suggested, to which Goshiki nodded.

"I'll help you!" The two went around the gym, cleaning up the loose balls. Hana, Kimura and Azusa watched them with contempt, but didn't comment as they left the gym.

It didn't take long for the two aces to finish cleaning, then they headed over to the gym. "So it's just gonna be you and me?" Kazane questioned. Goshiki nodded, blushing a bit as he rubbed the back of his neck. Luckily she didn't notice.

"Thank you for helping me out, Kaz." He smiled, and the dark haired female just waved it off.

"That's the fifth time you've said thank you, I told you it's fine Goshiki." Kazane smiled brightly at him. "I'd never turn down a friend!"

"Glad to hear it!" He smiled back, but at the word friend he kind of deflated. It was true, he had a crush on Kazane since the first time they had met. She was just, how should he put it? Fiery but kind, a loud mouth but also loyal to a fault. He admired her for that, and wanted to keep their friendship strong and not break it by confessing.

Besides, he would never go after one of his bro's crushes, even if he had one himself. The bro code rang strong in him.

Arriving at the gym, everything was set up. They were, in fact, the only people there. "Alright let's get started. What tosses would you like to work on?" Kazane asked Goshiki, who shrugged.

"I wanna be good at hitting everything that comes my way, so make it range a bit please, if you're comfortable with that." He explained, so she nodded.

"Sure thing!" They went to their positions, and Kazane hit the ball at him. He passed it back to her, then getting under the ball, the dark haired girl set it.

Goshiki did his approach, then spiked the ball down cross court. "Nice kill!" Kazane complimented.

"Thanks! That was a good toss!" He returned.

"I also have some feedback about your approach," Kazane started, so Goshiki nodded for her to continue. "You're going straight for the spike, not actually waiting for it. That won't hurt you much since you can jump and you're tall, but at some point it could get you in trouble."