38: PrObLeMs

The next morning, it was time for the broken legged female to go back to school, and to see all of the people she had forgotten

"I'm so nervous.." Kazane complained as her father drove her to school. "I know I'm gonna feel so bad that I don't know some people that I used to, I just hope my memories come back fast.."

"That would be really nice, but you can't rush it or you might risk them being gone permanently." Mr. Kageyama warned her before the car pulled up at Shirtatorizawa.

Helping her out of the car, her father wheeled Kazane towards the door. Bursting out of said door, Tendou panted slightly as he jogged over, his eyes locking on Kazane's.

Her's widened as memories flooded into her minds eye of the redhead, immediately squeezing her eyes shut in pain. "Hey, sorry I'm late! Wait, are you okay?!" He sort of freaked out at the pained expression on Kazane's face.

"Oh no it's nothing to worry about, she's remembering something right now, probably you since she hasn't seen you yet." Her father explained, so the redhead nodded.

"Oh, okay, that worried me for a sec." He smiled.

"I'll leave her in your capable hands, take care of her alright?"

"You know I will." Tendou promised, then waved him off as Mr. Kageyama left. Squatting down in front of her,
wheelchair and waiting for her patiently, Tendou smiled as Kazane opened her eyes. "Hey, you feeling better?"

Looking at him, she put a hand over her mouth (fuck my eyes are blurry now), her own eyes welling with tears before Kazane lunged at him, causing them both to fall to the ground as she hugged him tightly. "T-Tendou.." She cried, her grip tightening as the years spilled.

"Ah wow, that's a greeting if I ever saw one." The redhead joked, but hugged her back and buried his face in the crook of her neck. "I'm here Kazzy."

They stayed on the ground, holding each other as relishing the feeling of being with the other until Kazane pushed herself up slightly and smiled at Tendou. "I love you so much, I'm sorry it took me losing my memories to realize that." She said before latching her lips onto his.

Let's just say Tendou went into panic mode. And froze.

Suddenly, someone cleared their throat, making the two seperate and look at the person. Ushiwaka looked stoic as ever, but if you knew him you could definitely see the heartbreak in his eyes.

Tendou was once again panicking, his words not coming out right as he tried to explain what was going on and why they were in that position. Ushiwaka's eyes stayed on Kazane, and she gazed at him.

"Who are you?"

(Haha faked ya out)

Both of the boys paused at her words. The ace's eyes dragged over go Tendou's, exchanging a look between best friends.

Take care of her for me

"I'm Wakatoshi Ushijima. Sorry for interrupting." He bowed, and without another word he started walking away.

"Hey wait, Wakkun!!" Tendou called, but seeing that he wasn't going to come back, sighed. "You really didn't recognize him?"

"Should I have?" Kazane asked, immediately feeling guilty. "Oh no, were we friends too? Ahhhh I hate this so much!" She complained, holding her head.

"No, no it's okay! It's not your fault.." Tendou sighed as he sat up. "Come on, let's get you back in your wheelchair, Kazzy-boo."

"Thanks Tendou," She smiled up at him as he carried her bridal style and sat her back down. "You're the best."

"Of course I am~" The redhead joked, making Kazane laugh as he started wheeling her towards the main building entrance. As soon as the female wasn't looking at him, Tendou frowned as he thought about what had just occurred.

He wasn't sure why Ushiwaka had given up so easily as that wasn't usually his style, or why Kazane didn't remember him when she had no problem remembering Tendou.

She had chosen between them, but now it was the opposite result for whatever reason, and the redhead wasn't sure how to feel about it. "Here we are, your very own classroom. Your, um, friend Kimura is gonna be looking after you."

"Oh, okay!" Kazane frowned but nodded, then reached up as Tendou went to leave. "Goodbye kiss!"

"Huh? Oh.." The redhead bit his lip before sighing in resignation and giving her a quick peck on the cheek, which made her pout slightly before giggling.

"See you at lunch!"

"Yeah, I'll come get you. Stay outta trouble, and you keep her out of trouble." He pointed at Kimura who nodded.

"No problem."

"So, you're Kimura? Sorry I don't remember you.."

"It's fine, we weren't really all that close so it's to be expected. Come on, let's go inside before the bell rings."

~•~

"You're telling me," Semi said loudly as Ushiwaka and Tendou stood in front of him, the rest of the team around them. "That Kazane kissed Tendou, and doesn't remember Ushiwaka?"

"Yeah." The redhead grumbled as Ushiwaka nodded. "I'm really sorry, I didn't see it coming so I didn't stop it.."

"That's not the issue right now." Team mom sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. "The issue is the fact that-"

"Does that mean Kazane might not remember any of the rest of us?!" Goshiki demanded, looking as if he might cry if the answer was yes.

"No, dumbass." Shirabu rolled his eyes as he stepped forward. "I'm just guessing here, but I'm fairly certain that strong emotions in memories are blocked more easily than ones with lesser emotion."

"Thank you for clarifying, Shirabu, but we have a different matter that needs attention at the moment." Semi put his hands on both Tendou and Ushiwaka's shoulders. "Are you two gonna be okay?"

"Yes. In Tendou's words, bros before hoes." Ushiwaka answered. A second later, the entire team, excluding the dense farm boi, erupted with laughter. "What's so funny?"