12: Practice Match #1

(The photo is the girls teams's names and numbers and positions and years. Highlighted number means they're a starter.)

It was Monday, and ever since Ushiwaka and the others confronted her team, Kazane noticed that the looks were little to none

It was Monday, and ever since Ushiwaka and the others confronted her team, Kazane noticed that the looks were little to none. However, Kazane's eyes narrowed, just because they didn't express it outwardly doesn't mean they still don't think of it.

Not letting this thought ruin her day, she jogged over to their coach when she called them all over.

"Today we play Nekoma, a team from the Tokyo prefecture. They'll be here in thirty minutes, so I thought I should give you guys these." The coach said, bringing out a box.

"Ooooooooh!" Kazane held up her new jerseys, the number 9 written in the middle of both. "This is so cooool!"

"Isn't it?!" Bushida grinned, her jerseys having the number 12 on them.

"Alright guys, get changed and start setting up chairs so we can go over the line ups." Coach told them.

"Yes ma'am!" The girls chanted, then went off to change and get the chairs set up. Hana and Kimura gave Kazane jealous looks as she changed her shirt, showing her toned stomach.

Everyone on the team could see that she worked out and made sure her body was in top shape, the muscles prominent on her legs, abdomen and arms.

After getting everything set up, coach read out the starters and lined them up on the court.

Standing on the court in their respective positions, they went through the rotations a few times before Nekoma arrived

Once they came, the practice match started fairly quickly. "Thank you for the game!" Both sides bowed. Kazane stretched her arms, then her legs as they waited for the ref to check the lineups.

The first game was a slaughter.

Shiratorizawa won the first, but they took Kazane out so Aguni could get a chance to play in the second game. They lost the second, so they had to play a third and the coach learned her lesson. To win, they needed Kazane.

The scores were 25-12, 18-25, and 25-15.

"Thank you for the game!" Both sides bowed once again, then shook hands.

Sending Nekoma off, Kazane grinned. "That was fun, I can't wait for the next practice matches!"

"Me too!" Yumiko agreed instantly, "Who are the schools we're playing next, coach?"

"Fukurodani and Niiyama." She said, and all eyes widened.

"Whoa! Isn't Niiyama at the top of our prefecture?!"

"Why would they agree to play with us?"

"Dude that's crazy!"

"Yes, and actually they're the ones who asked for this practice match," Coach told us, making them all the more confused. "Alright, we're done for the day. Let's clean up and get back to the dorms." Everyone started cleaning up the balls and mopping the floor as the coach stood to the side.

"Hey Coach," Kazane came up to her, so she turned her attention to the ace. "Can I stay a while and practice my serves? I can lock up!"

"Oh, alright I guess." She nodded, then handed over the keys to the gym. "Don't stay up too late, alright? We had a long day."

"Of course, thank you!" Kazane bowed, then scampered off to tell her teammates to leave the net up.

After everyone left, the dark haired female started working on her serve. She normally did a standing serve, but she was trying to get better at her topspin jump serve. It was still shaky and either hit the net or went out most of the time.

However, she could feel that her aim was getting better, and all she needed to do was keep practicing.

Kazane didn't realize how much time had passed, because when she glanced back at the clock on the wall over the door, it was already midnight. "Shit!" She cursed, immediately going around and picking up balls.

She knew she was going to regret staying up late, but there was nothing she could do about it now. After putting away the ball cart, she locked the gym and made her way to the place the girls were staying.

Walking in the door, using the keys because it had been locked, Kazane quietly went to the girl's room and walked in, finding her empty bed and lying down. She didn't even change out of her clothes because as soon as her head hit the pillow, she was out.

~•~

"Here you go, coach." Kazane handed the keys back to her while they were having breakfast. The ace had severe eye bags and she looked like a ghoul.

"I thought I told you not to stay up too late, dork." The coach ruffled her hair. "At least tell me you learned your lesson."

"Yes ma'am." Kazane nodded.

"Good, now go eat before everyone finishes it all off." She smiled as the dark haired athlete jogged towards the line to get food.

"Yo Kazzy! Come sit with us!" Tendō waved her over after she has gotten her food. Smiling slightly, she walked towards him and sat down. "You look... Dead."

"I feel dead." Kazane groaned, "I stayed up too late last night practicing."

"Huh? How could you be practicing? Didn't the coach lock the gym?" Semi asked, but she shook her head.

"No, I asked beforehand and she gave me the key. I lost track of time and it was midnight when I realized that." The girl laughed sheepishly, shrugging. "Anyway, I learned my lesson."

"That's good." Shirabu smiled slightly. "Remember to take care of yourself, we can't have you falling sick on us."

"I'll try my best!" Kazane gave them all a closed eye grin and a thumbs up.

"...You still look dead Kazzy."

"TENDŌ YOU DON'T TELL GIRLS THEY LOOK DEAD!" Semi slapped the back of the lizard boy's head, causing the room to erupt in laughter at Tendou's expense.

(So I posted a new rant in my story Random Thoughts and Polls if you're interested. If not that's fine)