46. The Finals - Part Two

The next point, Tendou scored with a time lag

The next point, Tendou scored with a time lag. "Ya like that?!" He cheered, his hands raised in victory. That made it 18-9, so it was obvious who was going to win that set at least. Reon was up to serve, but served it out. Marking it down, Kazane watched as her twin brother scored an ace, and winced as she felt Washijo's dark aura expanding.

Tobio served it again, this time Reon got it up. Shirabu tossed it outside, yeeling for Goshiki who hit it straight. The future ace looked back at Ushiwaka, but the current ace was complimenting Reon's recieve.

"You really should look for validation elsewhere." Shirabu advised. Elsewhere, huh? So you. Kazane smirked at the thought, and as if he had heard it, Shirabu gave her a death glare.

The next play, Kazane was pretty sure she had about three heart attacks. First, from Hinata's jump, managing to get away from Tendou and hitting it at Ushiwaka. Second was her boyfriend's aura right after he received it, and third from how hard he hit the ball. And that's how the first set ended.

"Hot damn." She whistled.

"Well now, is mister serious over there getting his little undies all twisted up? Color me intrigued~" He backbended. Switching sides, Kazane started handing out water bottles again as Tendou waked over to his best friend. "Hey Ushiwaka, are you and karasuno's number 10 buds?"

"I met him on the street."

"Street?" Tendou raised an eyebrow.

"He told me he was going to beat me and go to nationals."

"Ballsy!" the redhead jumped, surprised at how outrageous that sounded.

"Yeah, it is."

"Come to think of it, didn't you get scolded for letting some strange kids into the school?" Shirabu brought up.

"Those were fun times." Kazane snickered, remembering it.

"Oh okayyyyy, he's a mouthy kid who picks fights i get why you like him so much!" Tendou processed.

"Actually, I hate him." This statement even made Kazane look up in shock. "I loathe arrogance with nothing to back it up."

"Haaaaa?" Tendou's shoulders rose, almost as if he was a cat with hackles. "Did my ears deceive me? If shortie can make the great stoic Ushiwaka have an emotional response like that..." He trailed off, straightening. The look on his face made Kazane shiver. "...It sounds like this could be a lot of fun for me as well~"

"Baki baki ni ore~"

"NO! We're saving that for later!!"

~*~

The first point were to Karasuno, and Kazane had to hand it to them: a sync attack was a pretty good way to discombobulate their opponents. Marking down that Yamagata shanked the ball, she looked up. "Come on! You can do this you guys!"