50. Epilogue

(Fifty chapters, holy fuck. Welp, thanks for coming on this journey with me, it's been a lot of fun. This is actually the first book I've completed on this profile, pretty wild huh? Once again, thanks for sticking with me!)

 This is actually the first book I've completed on this profile, pretty wild huh? Once again, thanks for sticking with me!)

The finals had ended, and both teams returned to their schools. Shiratorizawa's bus was full of tears, which just depressed the rest of the team that wasn't crying. Kazane and Ushiwaka sat together, him fingercombing her hair as she hummed.

"You doing okay?" she asked quietly, glancing behind her.

"Yes. I don't think it's quite set in yet, though, so I don't know."

"That makes sense." Kazan sighed, giving up on talking because there really wasn't anything to talk about. They arrived back at the school shortly. The team headed into the gym, where Washijo held a meeting. After the meeting was finished, he left the third years to wrap it up for next year.

The third years were done, they were going to be graduating soon. Kazane watched from the side, her lips pursed. "That settles things for next year's team. If you guys have any more questions-"

"Give me a minute." Ushiwaka held out a hand, so the person talking allowed him to take the floor. Kazane raised an eyebrow. "Kawanishi." He said as he walked forward. The second year looked surprised.

"H-hai!"

"After Tendou leaves this world-"

"Don't make it sound like I died, Wakkun~"

"You'll be the cornerstone for blocking." Ushiwaka finished, not even minding Tendou as he pouted. "Have more confidence in yourself. Also, strengthen your serve." He advised. Realizing what he was doing, Kazane smiled.

"Y-yes sir!" Taichi said.

"Shirabu."

"Hai!" The setter responded, also surprised.

"The structure of this team from now on will depend on you." Ushiwaka told him. "We don't have any weak spikers. Make sure you draw out everyone's potential."

"Hai." Shirabu said curtly, his determination showing on his face.

"Umeda."

"Hai!"

"You need to refine your form. Start taking practices more seriously." The former ace told him.

"Hai!"

"Yunohama."

"Hai!"

"You need to react to blocks faster." He said.

"Hai!"

"Sagae." Ushiwaka spoke, the other third years beside him chatting quietly as to not interrupt his little thing he had going on.