44. Filler

"Ya know, it was kinda hot when you were being all protective like that

"Ya know, it was kinda hot when you were being all protective like that." Kazane told her boyfriend, grinning cheekily. He chuckled, wrapping his arm around her waist and bringing her closer to him as they walked.

"Glad you enjoyed yourself." Ushiwaka mumbled, kissing the top of her head. Tendou fake barfed, which made Kazane stick her tongue out at him. The three soon arrived back to where the rest of the team was waiting.

"Hey, you guys ready?" Yamagata asked, and Ushiwaka nodded.

"Yes, we should get out there and go warm up." He suggested. The team agreed, so Eita helped Kazane pushed the ball cart out onto the court. "Don't strain yourself." Ushiwaka murmured to her, and she just smiled and pecked his cheek.

"Don't worry about me. Focus on the game, win for me."

"Of course."

"First official game, are you excited?" Saito asked Kazane as she joined him and Washijo on the bench. Taking out her clipboard, she grinned at him with a nod.

"Yes! I can't wait to see the boys play, it's going to be so much fun!"

"I agree! It's always fun to see them playing." He smiled back at her. Then it was time for their seven minutes on, so the coaches started throwing balls to Yamagata and the other libero, who would recieve it to Shirabu and Semi. The spikers would switch lines between the two, all hitting exceptionally well.

The other team was already scared just hearing that they had to play Shiratorizawa, but actually seeing them was making them a lot more intimidated than they had been before.

The game was pretty much a reflection of that, with Shiratorizawa dominating. During the time outs, Kazane gave out the water bottles and helped keep them pepped up. "It's hard to stay hyped when they're just so weak." Tendou complained at one point, and Eita had reprimanded him while Kazane just laughed.

After the game, the boys went back to their spot while Kazane went off to see her brother. "Hey!" She called, waving at the Karasuno team. They perked up at hearing her, turning to greet their friend.

"Hey Kaz! How's your leg doing? You look a lot better!" Nishinoya commented, giving her a thumbs up. She returned the gesture.

"It's doing much better, thanks for asking! How have you guys been?" She asked, so they relayed how they were. They had a nice conversation, laughing and chatting happily before it was time for Karasuno's game. "Well, see you guys later. Good luck!" Kazane said, and they thanked her before heading off.

Moving to go meet back up with her own team, Kazane bumped into someone. "Oh, excuse me."

"Tch, watch where you're going." The male grumbled, rolling his eyes as he continued on his way, Kazane frowned as she watched him go.

"What's his problem?" Her eyes narrowed on the name of the school on the back of his jersey. Date Tech, huh. Shaking her head, she continued on her way.

"What took ya so long Kazzy-boo? Didn't get into trouble did you?" Tendou asked scrutinizingly. she just rolled her eyes at him.

"I know how to keep myself out of trouble, thank you very much." She told him, "And I just went to see my little brother, that's all. Came back when they had to go for their game."

"Hm, legit excuse."

"It's not an excuse!" Kazane cried out, making Tendou give her a lazy smirk.

"If you say so~" He sang, snapping his fingers into guns at her. She looked very unimpressed.

After waiting a few more hours, Shiratorizawa had another game to play. "Good luck!" Kazane grinned widely as she stood next to Saito, surrounded by the boys. "You totally got this!"

"Yeah we do!" Goshiki agreed readily and giddily. The rest of the team put in their input before breaking and heading out onto the court. Kazane high fived Yamagata before he was allowed to switch with Taichi, then she high fived him as he jogged out.

The game was practically the same as the first, no one being able to touch Ushiwaka's spikes or serves. Shirabu made sure to spread the ball around though, so it wasn't just Ushiwaka scoring all of the points. Tendou was a beast that game, barely any of the other team's spikes made it to Shiratorizawa's side while he was on the front line.

The two teams thanked each other for the game before shaking hands and leaving so that the next teams could start their warm ups. "Well done you guys!" Kazane cheered, giving high fives to everyone as they collected their things so that they could go home.

"Thank you Kaz!" Goshiki grinned widely, to which she returned it just as brightly.

"Can I get a kissypoo?" Tendou asked cheekily, poking his cheek. Kazane deadpanned, then glanced at her boyfriend. He shrugged, so she kissed Tendou's cheek. "Thank ye milady~"

"Shut your face." She snickered, leaning back as Ushiwaka wrapped his arms around her waist and let his chin rest on her shoulder. "You did really good today, Wakatoshi." Kazane mumbled, and he hummed.

"I had a lot of incentive to do well, don't you think?" He murmured back, pressing his lips to hers for a second. She smiled into the kiss, then whined as he pulled away. "Don't worry love, we have the entire ride home." He smiled softly, pecking her forehead before picking up his bag and looking around at his team. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah."