There's Been a Suicide>Zion Kuwonu

___________________________________

3rd Person POV:

1 hour.

1-hour y/n was pushed around and abused in the girl's locker room by the football team.

They touched her. Gripping at her curves, kicking her around, pulling her hair, and busting her head into the mirror.

She was conscious, barely, hanging on by a thread as she stuttered her way to her feet, cleaned the blood littered over her skin, fixed her clothes, and limped her way to class.

Mr.Wilkins had a historical revolutionary movie on over some war but turned his attention to the door as it creaked open. "Ms.y/n, why are you late?"

"She was probably sending more nudes to the football team." Nancy sneered out, making everyone laugh.

Well not everyone, Zion Kuwonu, y/n's best friend sat at his shared table with y/n, disgust in his emotions towards Nancy. Y/n ignored Mr.Wilkins and took her seat beside Zion, immediately laying her head on his shoulder. "Ignore them, mammas, that was in the past." Zion kissed the girl's head.

"Z, I love you."

"I love you too baby girl." Zion's heart warmed at the love he held for the girl.

What he didn't know was what happened an hour ago, or what has been happening for fifteen years in her home. Her dad constantly breaking beer bottles over her head or her step-mom locking her in her room for days on end, depriving her of any food.

Y/n is always in a state of pain, depression, and lack of sleep. The scars drawn over her flesh were, sure enough, enough evidence to prove her suffering, but Zion never got to see that side of his best friend.

Zion's always known the sweet, bubbly filled y/n who keeps him happy and showers him with love and care.

Y/n lifted her head from Zion's shoulder, kissing him on the cheek before facing forward and clearing her throat to speak. "There's been a suicide." Y/n spoke, alerting Mr.Wilkins and everyone else.

Mr.Wilkins paused the film and turned to the girl, switching his lamp on to see her." What do you mean? Where? Who? Answer me y/n!" Mr.Wilkins shouted. "Who!"

Y/n did nothing but hold up an empty bottle of pain pills. "Me."

The bottle had been well over half full earlier, but as soon as the young girl stepped into the restroom this morning, she downed the whole bottle.

The dizziness and shaking set in ten minutes ago, and the look of terror on Zion's face showed his whole world crashing down on top of him.

"Someone call 911 right now!" Mr.Wilkins rushed to the light switch, flipping it on and rushing to y/n.

As he picked her up and into his arms, he could fill the life leave the young girl's body, drifting away in his arms. He held her close but was stopped in the doorway as he was sure her chest had stopped lifting up and down.

Zion huddled up on the floor, crying into his hands as he watched his best friend pass away in the arms of their teacher. He hadn't known she was suffering, that was her intention.

That last 'I love you' was engraved in his mind. It was engraved in his heart, breaking it piece by piece.

The girl he loved and still loves took her life right in front of his eyes.

And there was nothing he could do.

Wc/580

xoxo- Jozlyn:)