7 years>Nick Mara

A/n- This imagine may be disturbing for some so here's a warning.

___________________________________

3rd Person POV:

A room painted a baby blue, filled with stuffed toys, diapers, newborn clothing, a hand-built crib, and a white rocking chair placed in the corner.

It rocked back and forth as y/n held her newborn baby boy, only a few days old. She shushed his cries and continued rocking him as she prepared her shirt to breastfeed her hungry baby.

He immediately latched on, drinking away at his mother's warm milk and clinging onto her shirt. Y/n adored the baby, watching as he ate until his tummy became full and could no longer consume more.

She brought the baby up to her shoulder, over the burp cloth as she started patting the boys back, waiting until she heard the little hiccup from him. Y/n cleaned up his mess, tucked herself back into her shirt, and began rocking the baby boy once again, sending him back to sleep.

A lullaby leaving her voice to soothe the infant.

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head and I cried
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
I'll always love you and make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me and love another
You'll regret it all someday
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
You told me once, dear, you really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me and love another
You have shattered all of my dreams
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
In all my dreams, dear, you seem to leave me
When I awake my poor heart pains
So when you come back and make me happy
I'll forgive you, dear, I'll take all the blame
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

Nick had just arrived home from his job, feet aching and fatigue slowly growing in his eyes. He heard the voice of his wife from upstairs, confused as to why she was singing a lullaby, he placed his belongings down and made his way up to her.

The door of the nursery was cracked, giving Nick just enough room to peek in at his wife, seeing her rock back and forth in the rocking chair as she sang.

But what was she singing to exactly?

A blanket rolled up in her arms is what Nick saw but it was so much more to y/n. Nick pushed the door open with ease, walking his way to his wife.

Giving a kiss to her head, he asked. "Hey hun, whatcha doing?"

"Rocking Levi. He's sleeping, be quiet."

"W-what?" Nick backed away, staring with confusion and fear at his wife.

"Levi's sleeping Nick, shush."

What did she mean? She's holding a blanket, but Nick doesn't know that. He has noticed her strange behavior lately but it hasn't been this bad.

"Baby... Levi's gone. Don't you remember?" Nick slowly moved forward, reaching to take the blanket away.

"What do you mean, he's right here Nicholas." y/n pulled a piece of the blanket back, showing the baby's "face."

"No baby, he's not. Levi was kidnapped." Nick tried grabbing the blanket only to have y/n stand and move away as she cradled the cloth close to her.

"The police found his body buried by the river... 7 years ago y/n."

"No Nick! He's right here!" She turned the blanket, screaming he's right here repeatedly.

"Y/n- give me the blanket honey." Nick inched closer, finally backing her into a wall.

He grabbed the blanket, watching as y/n threw her arms around, punching at Nicks's chest when he turned back around from setting the blanket down.

"Give him back! Give him back! Give him back!" Y/n repeated this, trying to pry herself from Nicks's arms.

Nick was quick to grab the blanket and rush out the door, locking it behind him as he listened to his wife throw things and scream. He just slid down the door, his head in his hands.

It was hours before y/n stopped and Nick heard sobs from behind the door. He placed the blanket down and stretched as he stood.

With some doubt, he unlocked the door and found y/n curled up in a ball, laying in the middle of the floor. Sobs bursting through her lips and tears rubbing her eyes raw. Her head shot up when she heard the door though.

She crawled, hugging Nicks's legs as her head fell on his legs, continuing to sob.

"Nicky he's really gone, he's gone!" y/n scream cried.

Nick just let her cry, calming her with sweet words until she eventually tired herself out and fell asleep. He picked her up into his arms, carried her to bed, and joined right by her side, holding her close as he knew she'd have night terrors tonight.

Wc/939

xoxo-Jozlyn:)