The Five Steps>Brandon Arreaga 3/5

___________________________________

Y/n's POV:

Bargaining: Negotiate the terms and conditions of a transaction.

Chest heaving, stomach flipping around, and blood. So much blood mixed into the water surrounding me. The water leveled just right underneath my chest. 'I'll trade my life for B's.' That's what the one thought smashing the inside of my skull was.

If I trade my life for Brandon's then God will just bring him back, right?

No, I was wrong in so many ways, there were still no signs from God that he'd brought Brandon back. Only the ringing in my ears as I started to feel loopy, and the blood mixing into the water of the tub.

This wasn't supposed to happen, Brandon was supposed to come back and then I'd be okay.

I grabbed rags, tying them around my wrists as I struggled to lift myself up and out of the bathtub. I made it halfway to my bedroom, legs shaking with every step, but I collapsed.

My eyes shut as soon as I hit the ground and the next time I opened them clouds were around me. My wrists weren't bleeding crimson everywhere and Brandon was standing right in front of me, his expression worried as he cried.

I rushed to give him a hug, my arms wrapping around him as his wrapped around me.

"B, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I held his cheek, watching as he leaned into my hand.

"You're not supposed to be here y/n. Wake up."

"What?"

"Wake up!" He yelled, appearing farther and farther away from me.

And then he was gone and my eyes found my dad, carrying me to the car as he mumbled words through his tears, yelling for my mom.

"Sweetheart, it's alright, stay with me okay." I felt him kiss my forehead, holding me closer to his body.

I kept slipping in and out of it until the next time I woke up was inside of the hospital, beeping machines all around me.

My arms throbbed when I tried lifting them so I gave up on that, but I did notice the bandages wrapped around my wrists. Both my mom and dad slept on the chair, my mom's head laying on my dad's shoulder.

I searched around for the tv remote before turning it on, flipping to the cartoon channel, seeing Spongebob pop up.

Wc/398

xoxo- Jozlyn:)