The Five Steps>Brandon Arreaga 4/5

___________________________________

Y/n's POV:

Depression: Feelings of severe despondency and dejection.

My parents and I sat in that hospital room and talked about why I had done what I did, we all cried and I had to stay in the hospital for one more day.

It's been four days now, I'm back home. Still wearing the sweatpants and t-shirt from when I was discharged from the hospital.

I haven't changed, showered, or barely ate for four days. The soup my mom cooked for me earlier still sat on my bedside table, most likely cold by now.

I was only allowed to go to the bathroom with either the door open or my mom with me now, and they'd taken anything shape from the bathroom as well. My mom and dad cooked three meals a day for me, none of which I ate.

My eyes constantly red and puffy from crying, were irritated so I rubbed at them before taking a drink from my water and snuggling farther underneath my comforter.

I shut my eyes, ready to take yet another nap where I wouldn't wake up until midnight, but my door creaked open. Edwin, Austin, Zion, and Nick all walked in, sitting somewhere that wasn't messy in my room.

After I trashed my room, I didn't feel like cleaning it so the only clean space was my bed. They all sat at the foot of my bed, waiting for me to come out from under my blanket.

"I don't feel like talking. Leave."

"Y/n, you haven't talked to us since the funeral." I could tell Nick was the one talking.

"Yeah because I don't want to, now leave." I sat up from under the cover to face them.

"Seriously, come out to eat with us, mammas." Zion leaned forward, taking ahold of my hand, but I jerked it away from him, climbing out of bed to go use the bathroom.

"I'm good, you guys can go now." I finished up, flushing before I washed my hands then laid back down.

"Y/n you've got bags under your eyes, it looks like you haven't changed in a week, your hair is a mess, you're sickly skinny, and you reek." Edwin looked at me "Sorry."

"I get it okay, he was your brother, you guys love him too but I wanted to be with Brandon. I wanted to marry him, did you know that? No, because you're all so self-centered. Now go before I get my parents. I don't feel like talking." I shut my lamp off and buried myself back into my blankets as I shut my eyes.

I felt them all stand from the end of my bed before my door creaked.

"Just know that we love you y/n." Austin said before my door shut.

Wc/471

xoxo- Jozlyn:)