one

Dear BTS,

I hope you all are staying healthy these days. You all work so hard, I just want you to stay safe and strong. Oh, and keep eating well too. I love watching Eat Jin and seeing pictures on Twitter of you guys with your meal. It lets us ARMYs rest easy that you all are taking care of yourselves.

Uhm, I'm R. And, I wanted to write letters to you guys. You probably won't read these, but, it gives me comfort writing to those who've saved my life.

Really.

I became an army in 2018, Fake Love came out a few months after I started stanning. The music video inspired me to write a fanfic. Yes, I'm one of those weird fanfic authors. I just...My mind creates all of these scanarios that I can't control. And I want to read them, but no one has written something like my ideas, so I did it myself. I still write now, and I've gotten a lot of followers. They're incredible. They're all so supportive. ARMY is wonderful, really.

But you all did save my life. Everything about Loving Yourself, wow. It's so impactful. I've been at my lowest and your songs would pick me up. You're videos or simply Tweets make me happy.

I made a promise to myself to start my journey on self love. I'm taking all of your advice like, being confident, who I am, and laugh and smile. Life is beautiful, and I want to thrive, not just live. I want to leave my footprint here and truly say, I lived.

You're music has washed away so many, self harm thoughts and suicidal ones as well. All of the soul, the melody, the emotion, just pulls me from the dark and hugs me tightly.

Ah hugs. No one hugs me. I wish I had someone in my life that would hug me, or just, lay with me as we talked.

I get virtual hugs though. Oh my friends are all online. We met through a fanfic I wrote and they're the sweetest people I've ever met. We help each other smile, reassure each other, and protect one another. We celebrate birthdays with another and video call. They're incredible and I can't wait to meet them.

I recently promised one of them that when I meet her, I'm hugging her until she prys me off of her. We're really close and gone through a lot together.

They were there when my real life friends of 11 years left me. They have always been there. Always.

And I met them because of my books. And I make my books because of you all.

I met them because of you.

And that's amazing.

Thank you.

Thank you for not only your music, but for my friends as well.

I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with smiles. I know you'll look after each other and I hope you will always do so.

Sincerely, R