fifty five

"So what do we know?" Rebecca patted Taehyung's chest, a yawn slipping through her lips.

"I am a star and you will forever love me. I should not listen to the hate comments because people get salty. I am not a screw up. I am your favorite person. And you are adorable while wearing a bun." Taehyung slipped the last one in, seeing if Rebecca would notice, knowing she was tired and dozing off ever so. Well, Rebecca was paying attention and she raised her head, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't believe I taught you that." She laid her head back down on the front of his shoulder, his right arm around her. Taehyung smiled down at her, watching her twirl the rings on his left hand. She did everything in a order, everything being even as well. OCD maybe? A hint of it at least? "Hey, Tae?"

"Yes?"

"If...well, when I fall asleep, I might move around a lot? I have like, nightmares..." Rebecca stopped twirling his rings, holding on to his thumb with all five fingers. Taehyung laid the rest of his fingers on her's.

"I know Becca." He hummed, leaning his head on top of her's. "Do you want me to wake you up if you're having one? Or should I let you go?" Rebecca stayed quiet. She honestly didn't know. No one's ever been with her during nightmares.

"Wake me up I suppose." She nodded softly, not wanting to have Taehyung's head move too much. "And if I cry? Don't worry about it. I always cry during my nightmares."

"Angel." Taehyung whispered sadly, holding her tighter. "That's something to worry about."

"No..." Rebecca took a deep breath after the single word of denial. She turned her body towards Taehyung, drowsiness overwhelming her body. It was nearing midnight now, and the lack of sleep has been catching up. "You're so warm." She held on to his body, her head nestling into him ever so.

"You're so cute when you're half asleep." Taehyung stroked her hair slowly, feeling as if a little child was seeking warmth and comfort in him. She was adorable.

"I.." Yawn. "Am not."

Taehyung looked around his room as she drew circles and designs on his stomach, both staying silent.

I should give her some space...I don't want to intrude like this...Especially while she's drowsy and a complete dork. In her fully awake state, she'd probably not want to fall asleep with me.

"Becca, I'm going to go sleep on the ground, okay?" Taehyung sat up, Rebecca's arms slipping from around him.

"No!" She whined, wrapping her arms around him tighter. "No no no no."

"Okay okay." Taehyung fought to keep a smile off his face, but that was impossible. "I'm right here baby, I'm right here." He snuggled close with her, enjoying this feeling.

"Can you sing a song?" Rebecca mumbled from his neck, her face pressed close to it. "In Korean?"

"In Korean?" Taehyung was a bit taken aback, figruing Rebecca prefered English. That's how they've always communicated. (yes i know they aren't all super fluent. just...go with it please and thank you.)

"I love listening...the language is so pretty." She smiled against his cheek, sending butterflies into Taehyung's stomach.

He hasn't felt butterflies in years.

"I'll sing you as many songs as you want." Taehyung let his lips graze her forehead, restraining himself from an actual kiss. He started with Spring Day, flowing gently into Sea, and then ending with Winter Bear. By this time, Rebecca had fully fallen asleep, relaxed in Taehyung's arms.

This was when he finally kissed her forehead, smiling gently.

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

---

"You don't remember what happened?" Taehyung had his hood pulled over his head, his black hair all in his face. Rebecca shook her head, rubbing at her eyes.

"Was I bad?"

Taehyung woke to Rebecca shoving him away, strangled screams spilling from her lips.

"Woah, woah, Becca-"

"Don't! Stay away!" Rebecca cried, her voice not loud enough to be carried through the walls or door. Taehyung held her wrist as she tried to hit him. "No stop! Stop you monster!" Taehyung immediately let go. He knew she was just in a nightmare. But those words hurt, a lot.

"Hey, hey." Taehyung pulled her into a hug, hoping she'll recognize that. "Hey, it's just a dream." Rebecca slowly stopped fighting against Taehyung, letting in to the hug. "None of this is real, okay? You're okay. You're in a hug my Love. You're okay." Taehyung whispered calming words until she was limp and relaxed again.

Taehyung took a shaky breath.

'Stop you monster!'

"I don't even remember the nightmare itself." Rebecca looked down at the sheets, scratching her head. "Which is really werid because I always remember them. And I...think it's..weird." Rebecca drifted off, her eyes on Taehyung. He refused to meet Rebecca's eyes, chewing on his lower lip. "What did I do?"

"It-it wasn't that bad." Taehyung still wouldn't look at her, his voice nervous and afraid.

"Oh God Tae I'm so sorry." Rebecca put her head in her hands. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have stayed-"

"No!" Taehyung grabbed both of her arms, both finally looking at each other. Rebecca's eyes were wide, her whole body was pulled towards Taehyung in that motion, his grip tight on her.

And it hurt.

"Can you please let me go?"

Taehyung released her arms, his eyes wide, his fingers starting to shake as he watched her rub her arms, turning her head. "Becca-"

"It's fine Taehyung."

'Stop you Monster!'

"Really." Rebecca held his hand, stopping the shaking. "It's okay." She still managed to smile. Did her memories of her father spike up? Yes, well...they weren't pleasent...but Taehyung was not like her father. No, he was nothing like him.

"I'm so sorry." Taehyung tried to pull his hand away, but Rebecca held tight.

"Already forgiven and forgotten okay?" She swung his arm slightly. "Come on! Let's go make breakfast for everyone!"

'Stop yo-

You're a star Taehyung. My favorite person.'

i'm curious
who do you ship becca with?