one hundred four

Rebecca sat with her legs and arms crossed, staring intently out the window while Taehyung them to his parent's house. She had crossed her arms once he tried to hold her hand, her legs once he tried to lay his hand on her thigh. Taehyung didn't know what to say.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"I'm not mad."

Taehyung swallowed nervously, wondering if he should press further because he knew she was lying.

"Are you-"

"I'm just, overwhelmed and a bit upset." Rebecca faced forward, uncrossing her legs. Okay, that's good, she's practically giving him permission, right? "First, you dragged me away from Amber and Jamie, which is probably my last time seeing them for months."

"I know, and I'm so sorry. I completely forgot."

"You forgot to tell me that you wanted to have lunch with your parents, giving me a twenty minute heads up." Rebecca turned towards Taehyung, him wishing he could look her in the eyes. "You can't just have random pop ups with me. I like knowing what's happening so I can mentally prepare myself for this stuff. Taehyung, I'm freaking out."

"You don't need to." Taehyung reassured gently. "It's just lunch."

"With you parents! At your house!" Rebecca made wild gestures with her hands. "It's a big deal! I'm meeting your parents for the first time!" Rebecca rubbed her forehead. "I'm going to be meeting your parents while wearing their son's clothes. They're going to think I-"

"They're not even going to notice." Taehyung turned onto a new road, the houses becoming less and less frequent. "It'll just be small talk over lunch, I'll show you around the property, and then we can go back. I have a concert tonight anyways, so I have to be there for test runs. And then you have your flight."

Rebecca nodded, her face still in her hands. "They're going to hate me. I'm not good enough for you. I hardly have a job and you're a millionaire-"

"Becca," Taehyung cut off the soon-to-be-rant with a lie. "They don't care about jobs." He needed to lie, he needed Rebecca to be calm. "They care about the person, not the background." Another lie.

His parents wanted him to marry a short, blonde hair business woman. One with a successful past and present life, fair and clear skin, and serious.

To put it simply, Rebecca was the opposite.

She was only three inches shorter, brown hair, and a waitress finishing college classes. Her family consisted of teachers and farmers, her present living with a somewhat tight budget. She had a few acne scars clashed with freckles all across her face, and she was extremely goofy. She hates formal wear and serious conversations.

Wasn't his parent's perfect daughter-in-law, but she was just his type.

Oh, another thing about his parent's ideal type.

She had to be Korean.

)()()()()()(

"Do I shake their hand?" Rebecca whispered as they walked to the front door. "With both hands? Is that polite over here?"

"Ah yes, one hand. My parents like to make things very awkward." Taehyung mumbled back, standing with his back straight. "You ready?"

"No."

Taehyung knocked on the door, footsteps heard from outside. The door opened to reveal a boy and a girl, both looking like they were in their early 20's or late teens.

"Eonjin?! Jeonggyu?!" Taehyung exclaimed, a huge smile on his face before pulling the two into a hug. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Mom and Dad said you were bringing your girlfriend over." The boy, Jeonggyu spoke in Korean, Rebecca understanding from her learnings. "So we wanted to meet her too."