seventy eight

I stared at the closed door. It led to my bathroom, me sitting on my bed. Taehyung was in there, showering. He told me the minute he was done we could take a nap together.

He was doing this for me. He knew I was tired. I've  been up since four am, worked for four hours and then balled for a little while. And all of that, that was exhausting and crying and tiring.

But he just woke up, after I took my shower from work. He hugged me...and then showered...and now he's going back to bed even after being up for only an hour.

He would do it for me ....

I don't deserve him... No, not at all.

"Taehyung?" I knocked on the door, leaning my head against it.

"Are you okay?" He called out, the water still running

"You don't have to take a nap with me. It's-"

"No, I wanna sleep!" Taehyung whined, the water still going strong. "You can play on my phone while you wait. I'm almost done!"

I smiled softly and walked away from the door, sitting down on the bed. Instead of his phone, I went to mine.

And I went on Twitter, glancing at the door.

I just wanna see what everyone is saying about the video. Much to my surprise, I had a lot of unopened messages on Twitter. I never thought they'd find me.

So, like any sensible person, I opened my messages.

user 1: hey, R. yeah, it's me, an army. and on behalf of all of us army s, i suggest you leave taehyung before things can get real ugly.

user 1: can expose everything about you. every little mess up you ever did. that offensive post you made during middle school? will be trending in seconds. i will ruin you if you don't get away from my taehyung.

user 1: leave him you bitch

Rebecca bit her lip as hard as she could. It went numb after so much pain.

The worst thing was, this was the nicest comment

user 26: i will fucking find you and i will fuxking murder the shit out of you. no one, and i mean no one, takes taehyung away from army. no one takes him away from me! you'll fucking pay!! i just gotta find where you're hiding. it won't take long. you might as well leave your doors unlocked, because i am not stopping until you're dead.

That's when Rebecca dropped her phone. That's also when Taehyung was dressed, drying his hair the best he could with a towel. His humming stopped immediately and he froze, the sound registering with him.

His mind works fast. Phone-Rebecca-dropped-scared-surprised-frightened-social media-hate/bad-sensitive.

That's what whirled through his head in a second. He darted out the door, seeing Rebecca with tears on her face, her lip raw, and a terrified look on her face.

"What happened?" Taehyung asked, hugging her tightly, not letting her just cry. She's cried enough. He needs to intercept the full course of her sadness. Stop it all before it's out of control. She didn't respond, Taehyung looking for the phone. He pushed her down to the bed, letting her sit on the edge while he scanned through the screen.

Even his eyes burned with tears after reading two. He almost forgot that these were aimed at his girlfriend, not someone he didn't know.

"Fuck Becca." He pulled her up again, the phone dropped once again, landing on the rug. "Shh, don't think about it. Please, stop crying." Taehyung didn't know what to do. What is he supposed to do? Tell her to ignore death threats? No one can do that.

Rebecca barely heard Taehyung stumble over his words, trying so hard to find something to fill the room with something other than sobs. All she could think of was dying.

She didn't want to die. For once in her life, she didn't want to die. She was in love. She can't, leave him. He's happy too ... He said how happy he was. She can't let him go.

"And at last I see the light." Taehyung hugged her close, trying to start a gently sway. She likes to dance. She loves dancing. And this was the song he sang her, on their first 'date.' "And it's like the fog has lifted. And at last I see the light. And it's like the sky is new. And it's warm and real and bright. And the world has somehow shifted. All at once everything is different. Now that I see you."

It was sang in a somber tone, but given the situation, it was expected. It was sad, listening to such a hopefully and joyous song be sang like that.

"I ... I love your voice." Rebecca kept her eyes close while she spoke, Taehyung's voice echoing in her ears, trying to keep that savory sound in her mind. She didn't dare to let go of him to wipe her tears. No, this was more important than those stupid things.

"I never should've revealed you to the public." Taehyung hugged her tighter, Rebecca losing her breath slightly. "This is all my fault."

"No, no Bubba." Rebecca looked up at Taehyung. "No why would this be your fault?" Taehyung's heart pained. He was looking down at her, her beautiful freckles no longer alone on her face. They were plagued with tears, her eyes pained, lips dry, eyelashes drenched.

And it was his fault.

His knees shook. "Because... Because I should've known about the bad people." His lip quivered and Rebecca's eyebrows wavered as she watched her boyfriend crumble. Eight months ago, she never could imagine him completely fall apart. She only saw videos of him crying at awards. She never saw his eyes shatter, his lips at a lost for words. He was shaking. "I... I can't let them hurt you ... I have to protect you."

For a second, all words of hate and threats left Rebecca's mind. She was focused on Taehyung. He was upset, and she couldn't let that. She knows what depression can do to one's mind. She couldn't let him fall into that dark. He can't blame himself. Blame is a quick habit that can form. And blame should never become a habit.

"Baby," Rebecca whispered, her hand on the side of his face. Taehyung's eyes mended slightly, looking at her's. She's never called him that before... "It's not your fault." She smiled sadly, tears burning her eyes again and her lips faltered. "If I knew about this all, if I knew about all of this pain I would have to experience," Taehyung looked down, realizing how much of a pain it is to date him.

"I'd still chose you."

)()()(

Taehyung held his world in his arms that morning. He protected her while she slept. His fingers slowly fell through her hair, her head on his chest, passed out. It was all squished, looking absolutely adorable.

She looked so at peace.

"I don't want to die because I love you."

"I won't let anything happen to you." Taehyung mumbled to the sleeping girl, remembering his response to her previous statement.

"That's not going to happen. I'm protecting you."

"What happens when you leave? I won't have you."

"No one can hurt you. No one can. They can't find you. They won't. You'll be okay."

"I'm not going to lose my Baby."