thirty nine

"Wait, wait, can I buy something from there, really really quick?" She looked up at Jungkook, practically bouncing with excitement.

"Yeah duh." Jungkook smiled widely, loving her excitement. "Guys, go ahead and wait in the car, I'll be back in a second." Namjoon and Jimin waited in the car, the rest driving off in their vehicles.

"I saw these really pretty earrings." Rebecca exclaimed as the two walked over to the shop. "You stay here because you're famous."

"Wh-what?" Jungkook stuttered, watching Rebecca walk up to the shop, pointing to something. He narrowed his eyes, walking closer, until he saw a man approach her.

"You look absolutely stunning today." The man leaned his arm on the counter, staring right at Rebecca. She looked over at him, forcing a smile on his face.

"Thank you." Was all she said before turning back to the girl behind the stand. "Yes, all of them please."

"You know, you would look even better with me." The man had the audacity to step even closer to her, Rebecca trying to step back, but he kept stepping forward. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, waiting for Rebecca to do something.

"Please stop." Her voice was steady, but definitely scared. "You're making me uncomfortable."

Go.

"Come on-" His hand found her waist, eyes sparking with lust.

"Don't!"

In one quick movement, Jungkook pulled Rebecca behind him, stepping forward, glaring down at the guy, the man stumbing backwards. "She said stop, got it buddy? Or do I need to spell it out for you?" The man shook his head several times, eyes wide as he stared up at Jungkook. "Now run off." Jungkook watched as the man walked away, glancing back but quickly turning forward once he saw Jungkook's eyes on him. "Hey are you okay?" Jungkook turned back to Rebecca, craning his neck lower to look her in the eyes. "He didn't hurt you, did he?"

"No no, I'm fine." She nodded, looking up at him, her eyes falling on his hands on her's before she made it to the top. "Thank you Jungkook."

"You did good as well Bex." He kept his hand on her's as he turned to the lady. "Do you have her earrings?" His eyes warmed at the girl, Becca's eyes widening.

"Yes yes!" Rebecca nodded quickly, hoping that the girl would catch on. "Just, the earrings." Rebecca held up eight fingers, Jungkook oblivous to the fact. The lady smiled and nodded, handing the bag to Rebecca, Jungkook pulling out his wallet. "No." She hit his hand lightly, pulling out her phone, a wallet attached to her case. "It's my stuff."

"But-"

"Nope, no buts." Rebecca handed her the exact change, hooking arms with Jungkook. "Come on, let's go back to your place."