eighty six

Rebecca sat on the rocking chair, facing the table and lamp beside her. She wore one of Taehyung's sweatshirts, a big silver bowl in her hands, a bun in her hair, baggy eyes, and shaking hands.

Taehyung was at a park, hiding from his manager, his back against the tree, in a trench coat covering his concept clothes.

Rebecca couldn't really focus on her phone all too well, clutching the bowl to her tightly. Taehyung was in shock at how horrible she looked, unable to form any words.

They haven't talked to each other in a week. The comeback is in two days, and Taehyung decided he didn't want to lose the love of his life.

Rebecca picked up almost every shift at the diner, needing something to distract herself with. She couldn't really think about taking care of herself without thinking of Taehyung, so, she neglected that as well.

"I'm sick." Rebecca's voice was scratchy, deep, broken as she looked down at the bowl.

"Becca what-"

"I don't want to talk about my health." Rebecca's eyes flickered to meet Taehyung's, her eyes holding no emotion. "Why did you call?"

Taehyung leaned his head back, eyes closing for a breif second.

'Come on Taehyung. You've practiced this a tousand times over.'

"Becca, love," Taehyung paused, letting his loving words settled with Rebecca. He didn't get a smile that he had hoped for. "I owe you an apology."

Rebecca stayed silent, letting Taehyung speak. Spots led Berlin over to Rebecca, the two staring up at their mom as they watched her fight emotions deep inside her.

"I was stressing myself out with the new comeback, working really hard to make sure everything is perfect and completely pushing you aside when I really should've been pulling you close." Taehyung swallowed and looked down. "I found myself just staring up at the sky begging for some extra support while I practiced and just some reassurance. And now, thinking back at how pathetic I was, I already had that. I had you."

"Taehyung-"

"And I was so used to your texts and pictures I got so upset when I didn't get them the other day. Then I took my frustration out on you when it was just me being needy and so so stupid." Taehyung rubbed his forehead, unable to stop the words and emotions from falling off his lips. "And I'm such a dick for forgetting about our date. You had to wake up so early and get ready just for me to cancel because I drank too much." Taehyung hit his head, the tears falling down his face now registering with him. "Becca I'm so sorry. I don't want to lose you. I can't."

Rebecca opened her eyes once more, a sigh leaving her lips. "Bubba, you should've told me you were stressed." Taehyung let out a shaky breath, the much loved nick name finally leaving her lips again. "Hey, I forgive you."

"You do?" Taehyung sniffed, wiping away his tears quickly.

"Of course I do." Rebecca nodded, smiling sadly. "I owe you an apology as well. I shouldn't have snapped at you for calling me and I should've texted you what was happening on my side. And I should've been more understanding and patient with your schedule-"

"No, no Becca you don't have to apologize." Taehyung stood up, shaking his head. "You did nothing wrong. You handled everything as you should've. God, I owe you everything for being so understanding and loving to me during all of this." Taehyung locked eyes with his manager in the car and started to walk away, quickly. "You really forgive me?"

"Of course Tae," Rebecca smiled softly. "It was just a fight, not the end of the relationship."

"Thank the Lord." Taehyung sighed, starting to jog. "So you know how comeback is in two days?" Rebecca frowned, noticing he was running.

"Yes..."

"Well Im supposed to be in a shooting right now but I ran away to call you." Taehyung has to sprint now, his manger shouting at him as they drove. "My manager is chasing me."

"Your managed is what?" Rebecca coughed, completely in shock.

"Baby is it alright if I go?" Taehyung smiled down at the camera, shouts of his name in the background. "I believe they'll call the police next if they can't catch me."

"Y-yeah Bubs, go ahead." Rebecca rubbed her forehead, returning Taehyung's smile. "Make sure you apologize to them."

"I will." Taehyung smiled and slowed down his run. "I love you."

"I love you too." Rebecca waved goodbye as Taehyung ended the call. She sighed and smiled, looking over at her laptop.

There on the screen sat the plane tickets to Seoul. She leaves tomorrow, just in time to surprise Taehyung on their first performance of comeback.

It'll be perfect.