twenty nine

"What are you wearing?" Jin raised an eyebrow through the phone, looking me up and down as I tied the apron around me.

"Oh!" I held up my foot, my balance a little off. "You noticed my socks!"

"And your sweatshi-is that Chimmy?" Jin squinted, looking at my socks. I nodded excitedly and put my foot down.

"Jimin sent me an entire box of things!" I smiled widely, watching Spots and Ozzy jump start each other in the family room. "Wasn't that so sweet of him?"

"Mhm." Jin glanced away, standing up straight. "So nice of him." My smile fell slowly, watching Jin turn around to grab a container.

"Jinnie?" My heart hurt. "Are you okay? Did I say something?" Jin whirled around quickly, pushing the container aside to lean closer to his phone.

"No no no, it's not you. No, nothing is your fault." He spoke quickly, shaking his head while doing so.

"Is there something I can do to help?"

"Take off his sweatshirt. You aren't his." (kj)

"Is that a piano?" Jin squinted past her figure, looking at the upright piano behind her. Rebecca turned her head to look at it as well, nodding once she met Jin's eyes. "You play?"

"Since I was 6." Rebecca smiled, watching Jin's expressions. "Want me to play you a song?"

"Please."

Rebecca picked up her phone, stopping to pet the two dogs. "You two need to quiet." And then to Jin, "They love listening to me play. It's usually how I calm them down before we go to bed." Jin smiled, admiring how much she cared about the dogs. She's so, so full of emotion. "Uhm, what should I play?"

"What song do your fingers always jump to?" Jin made his way to the couch, Taehyung and Jungkook quiet as they watched and listened. The video game was paused, the TV silented. It was her voice that made them stop.

It takes a lot to draw the boys' attention from the video game.

"You've played for 16 years, your fingers must have a favorite song." Jin continued, Taehyung folding his legs underneath him, listening intently.

"They do have a favorite song." Rebecca smiled softly, setting the phone against the piano, angled so he could see the keys and her hands. "I have the melody tattooed on my finger." She showed her finger to Jin, his admiration for her skyrocketing.

And so she began, letting her fingers dance oh so delicately She played so softly, so full of emotion. Her eyes drifted closed, this particular song muscle memorized since she was 15. The boys absorbed the single notes themselves, then letting them mend together to form the mesmerizing melody.

Hallelujah.

Yoongi too, halted his walk to the kitchen, listening to the song from the phone, only catching the final seconds of her music. But those final seconds were still as beautiful as the beginning.

"A four note chord." He mumbled to himself, recognizing the skill. "I hate those."

Jimin and Taehyung erupted into applause once she finished, Jin refusing to move the camera from his face and continue to stare in shock. Yoongi sat his book down and applauded as well, walking behind Jin to wave to Becca.

"That was amazing Rebecca." Yoongi smiled gently, Rebecca going crazy on the inside.

Min Yoongi himself....was complimenting her....

She always looked up to Yoongi, watching him play, learning how he put emotion in the piano. She learned his version of I Need U on the piano.

"Hi Yoongi." She waved nervously, a little embarrassed that he had been listening to her.