seventy one

"I'm on top of the world!" Taehyung mumbled excitedly, his whole body on top of Becca's. She was on her back, laying on her bed, hugging Taehyung who laid facing her.

This was part of his therapy for her. Just laying together, well, on her, and just staying quiet.

"Actually, you're on top of me." Rebecca smiled while Taehyung kissed her cheek.

"I know." He lifted himself up, hands on either side of her head. "You are my world." And then he lowered himself again, capturing her lips in his.

"I like you a lot." She mumbled, her hands in his hair, stroking through it slowly.

"I like you a lot too." Taehyung smiled, kissing her cheek slowly, over and over, neither getting tired from the affection.

"Oh my God the puppy." Rebecca sat up quickly, Taehyung falling off the bed. "Shit sorry." She tumbled off as well, helping Taehyung to his feet before looking around the room.

"He's over there, with Spots." Taehyung pointed to the corner, beneath the rocking chair. "Are you going to keep him?" Taehyung watched Rebecca sit in front of the two dogs, Spots waking up and the puppy opening its eyes as well. Rebecca clicked her tongue, Spots standing up and walking over to her, the puppy looking around. She clicked her tongue once again, the puppy taking a shaky step forward. Taehyung sat beside her, Spots climbing into his lap.

"Hey Buddy. I haven't seen you in a few days." Taehyung kissed his head, rubbing his sides before tracing his finger up his snout. After this short conversation, she already had the puppy in her lap.

"Good boy." She scratched him soothingly, kissing his forehead. "Your name is Berlin, okay? My beautiful Berlin."

)()()()(

"I'm sorry Sophie." Rebecca hugged her tightly, Sophie having to crane her neck up in order to reach her shoulder, the shorter one of the two. "I'm really, really sorry."

"You have nothing to apologize for." Sophie smiled and patted her back, the two pulling away from their hug, all of the boys watching. "I completely understand."

"I'll be better, I promise." Rebecca took a deep breath and looked towards the boys. "We're going to have a good day today. I'll make lunch and then we can go on a hike and I'll show you the river. Tonight I have to go with my family and finalize a few things with the funeral but I'll be back before 10. Maybe we can watch a movie-Oh Soph! We can go to the starlight movie theater!"

Taehyung sat beside Jimin, Jimin smiling as he watched Rebecca explain what a starlight movie theater is. "You make her happy." Jimin turned towards his friend, Taehyung's face growing a smile. "She hardly spoke yesterday, and even with all the shit that happened today, look at her." Both boys looked at her, watching her move her hands while she talked, a smile on her face. "You're perfect for her."

"She makes me happy." Taehyung laid his head on Jimin's shoulder. "I don't mind helping her with whatever she's going through. As long as I can make sure there's a smile on her face before the day ends, I'll be happy."

"She loves you very much." Jimin nodded, laying his head on top of Taehyung's, patting his hand.

"I know. I love her too."