fifty four

"Tae, look at me." Rebecca released her hold on him, Taehyung still clinging her, hoping that she will keep him together. "Look at me Bub."

Bub?

Taehyung slowly raised his head, meeting eyes with Rebecca. Her beautiful green eyes. The mixture of green and blue swirling in her eyes, Taehyung's head immediately made the connection.

They looked like an ocean he once saw.

Just like the sea, her eyes are so calm, welcoming, a sense of home. How calm they could be, and how high they could spike up when agitated.

"You're going to be okay." She held his hands tightly, knowing he needed something to hold on to. "Today is a bad day, a very bad day. Tomorrow is going to be so much better, I promise."

"It's not going to get better." All thoughts of the calm sea vanquished once he closed his eyes, his grip on her hands tightening. "I'm such a screw up."

"No no." Rebecca shook her head, her eyes swarming with concern. "Tae, you are most definitely not a screw up."

"Yes I am." Taehyung denied her once more, but Rebecca was not letting go so easily.

"Taehyung, everyone screws up. We're human, human make mistakes, everyone makes mistakes. I screw up all the time. But I'm very confident in one thing. I know this one thing most definitely is not a screw up."

"And what is that?" Taehyung mumbled, reassurance slowly pushing some dark from him.

"Coming here, visiting you all." Rebecca spoke gently, her hand coming up to push a bit of his bangs from his eyes. Taehyung slowly looked up, eyes in slight disbelief. "Befriending you all, everything. Meeting you is not a mistake. You are not a screw up."

Taehyung wrapped his arms around her quickly, pulling her into a messy hug, the hug so quick that their arms got tangled, foreheads bumping into each other. Neither cared. All that matter was that they had each other in their arms.

"You really think I'm not a screw up?" Taehyung asked as they hugged, his voice hopeful, his broken pieces slowly mending together again.

"You're one of the best things that's ever happened to me."

"R-really?" Taehyung's voice cracked, emotions taking over once more.

"Of course." Rebecca's voice started getting even more emotional. "You're my favorite person." Tears choked him up, closing his eyes tight and holding on. "I like a lot of things about you Taehyungie. You're so perfect."

"What's your favorite thing about me?" Taehyung slowly let go of the hug, the two holding hands still.

"Hmmm." Rebecca moved his hair from his face, the messy tears and hugs messing it up. "Your eyes."

"Really?" Taehyung leaned his head closer to her hand, staring into Rebecca's eyes as she focused on his hair.

"Definitely." Rebecca's eyes locked with his. "They're so beautiful....and so unique. The monolid, and the other not. They just light up your face, the color of your eyes. So warm and welcoming."

"Your smile is my favorite." Taehyung finally smiled, he smiled the first time since, well, all day. "It's perfect." Rebecca smiled softly and looked down, down at their hands.

"Thank you Tae." She kept that smile on her face, moving her fingers a little to see what he would do.

Well, he let go.

"I want you to have this." He slipped off a ring from his finger, taking Rebecca's hand into his. "It's my favorite ring."

"If it's your favorite ring, you should keep it." Rebecca tried to pull away, but Taehyung held on tight, smiling.

"My favorite ring for my favorite person."