eighty three

Jimin woke to a dim light off to his side. He blinked a few times, not sitting up yet. Upon further investigation, he realized they were still on the plane home.

Slowly, very slowly, he sat up and turned to the light. There sat Taehyung, wide awake, staring down at his phone.

"Taehyung?" Jimin mumbled, patting Taehyung's arm after seeing the earbuds in his ears. Taehyung jumped slightly, removing one earbud. "What are you doing up?"

Taehyung looked down at his phone and showed it to Jimin. There was a video of Rebecca, her at work, laughing and making faces at the camera. "It feels weird going to bed without her."

Jimin smiled sadly. "Check your coat pocket." He watched confusion fall across his friend's face, but did as told, a frown crossing his face once he pulled out the object in his pocket.

"What is this?" Taehyung mumbled, turning the ring in his pocket. "I didn't buy this but man, it's beautiful."

"Becca put it in your pocket while you two hugged

"Becca put it in your pocket while you two hugged." Jimin spoke gently, watching Taehyung's entire face light up. "I swear, I saw her do it." Taehyung's feet tapped the ground excitedly, his whole body doing a little dance as he put the ring on, unable to keep his eyes off of it. "You should text her something short and cute, wish her goodnight, and then sleep."

"But-"

"You two share something now." Jimin tapped the ring, giving Taehyung a look. "So you each have a part of each other. It's like she's with you now. So," Jimin shoves Taehyung lightly. "Text her goodnight and go to bed."

"Thank you Jiminie."

"You're welcome."

)()()()()()()(

Taehyung walked in the cluster of BTS, face stern, eyes straight ahead of him. It was quite a dumb day, waking up early just to walk past photographers to get new pictures for their upcoming comeback.

All the other boys smiled while walking, loving the flashes, a small comfort to them.

Taehyung's phone rang and everything left his mind. All the regulations and rules of walking the runway, left his mind. It was the beep of Rebecca's text. He'd set her notifications different than the others so he would know when she texted or called.

"Tae." Namjoons hissed through his teeth, the boys all standing and 'posing' for the cameras.

"Shush." Taehyung mumbled back, swiping to see his girlfriend's text.

'Hey Bubba! I just woke up and I know you said you had a photo walk or something this morning and I wanted to say good luck!! I really hope I texted this in time because you never told me the time but here I am lol. Anyways, smile really big at the camera so I can see the pictures later! I love you lots xx"

Yoongi watched Taehyung's face slowly grow a burning flame of happiness. Taehyung put his phone back in his pocket, a huge smile on his face, straightening his back. Yoongi turned back to the cameras as well, smiling gently, adjusting how he held his head up.