twenty one

"(...)" (jh)

"Okay it started sad but i'm glad it ended happy." (kj)

"I think we should create a group chat with her." (jk)

"That'd be so fun!" (th)

"But will she be comfortable with it?" (pj)

"She said we can video call her." (nj)

"What?!" (pj, th, kj, jh)

"Yeah, are you guys cool with that?" (nj)

"What if she thinks I'm ugly??" (kt)

"Out. Get out." (yg)

"She stans us you dumb Hot Pocket." (kj)

"Shh, it's ringing!" (nj)

-- :) --

"Hello?" She spoke, frowning at the screen. "Is it work-ope." She stopped talking once seven pairs of wide eyes stared back at her. "H-hi." Rebecca had her phone propped up against the wall of her counter top in her kitchen, right in the middle of making a small little desert.

"Oh so you're pretty pretty." Taehyung earned a nice smack on the head by Jin who pushed Taehyung on his back, all seven of them sat on the floor, Namjoon's phone on the TV stand.

"Hello Rebecca, it's nice to finally meet you, through a screen." Jin smiled warmly, the boys nodding along as Taehyung grumbled about Jin to Jungkook, earning snickers and a warning glance from Hoseok who was trying to hide his smile. "How was your day today?"

"Oh today is actually a really good-Ozzy!" She got distracted and ran off, a metal bowl clattering to the floor. "Come here you adorable little fruit loop." The boys all smiled at her words, Namjoon's heart swelling, his love for this girl growing. "Guys," She appeared in the screen again, holding Spots. "This is Spots." The boys all awed and waved to Spots, Rebecca kissing the puppy's head several times. She waved one of his paws to the boys and it took everything in Namjoon not to go screenshot the adorable scene.

"Woah woah woah." Hoseok shoved through the boys to get closer to the phone. "Are those freckles?" Rebecca touched her face subconsciously as she sat Spots down, him immediately running off to jump at Ozzy.

"Y-yeah. I know I know, they're ugly." She looked to the side of the phone, hating the dots on her face. She never did like them. They were so predominant, and that wasn't common among brown haired girls like herself. She had the freckles of a red-head, the hair color her whole family had. That's the one thing she didn't inherit from her father. She inherited his height, his athletic ability, and his freckles. But the red hair was not the thing she inherited.

Just the dominant freckles.

"No! Are you kidding? They're beautiful!" Hoseok smiled widely, Bangtan crowding around him to see the freckles for themselves. Rebecca got shy and looked down, rubbing her forehead.

"Awhhh."

"Adorable."

"I love them Angel."

"Me too."

Rebecca tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, slowly forming a love for the attribute she's always hated.

"What are you making?" Jin squinted, trying to see what were on the trays.

"Oh, they're buckeyes." Rebecca looked over to the peanut butter balls on the parchment paper. "I still need to put the chocolate on them."

"What's a buckeye?" Jungkook was to ask the question all the boys were thinking. Rebecca's jaw dropped.

"You guys don't know what a buckeye is? Is that just an Ohio thing?" She looked around for another electronic device to pull up a picture on, but she only had her phone. "I grew up in Ohio and the state tree or something is a buckeye tree. Since the actual buckeye is poisonous or something, they made a peanut butter ball dipped in chocolate and it's a thing I guess."

"That sounds delicious, can you show us how to make it?" Namjoon was the first to sit back, pulling Jimin with him, the rest soon following.

"I already made the balls, but yeah." Rebecca stood up and pulled out the bowl and a bag of chocolate chips. "I cut the recipe in half since it's just me, but usually you'd use a whole bag of chocolate." She put it in the microwave. "But the balls are peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla I think?" Rebecca frowned, but dismissed the thought. "You have to freeze it for a few hours until they're solid." Rebecca paused, her attention to the beeping timer.

"The balls alone sound delicious." Namjoon nodded along to Rebecca talking, glaring at Jungkook who snorted. "Not another word Jeon."

"But anyways," Rebecca returned after stirring the chocolate, the bowl back in the microwave. "Dipping it in chocolate is the worse. You have to be fast before the chocolate hardens. You use a fork and dip it until there's like, 30% of the peanut butter part remaining and it makes it look like a buckeye."

"I want a buckeye now." Jin smiled, Hoseok and Jimin nodding in agreement. "If you think about it, could you send me the recipe and maybe you can coach me through it?" Rebecca froze, but snapped out of it once the microwave beeped again.

"Y-yeah, I can give you all my number."

"Are you okay with that Angel?" Yoongi spoke up, his full attention on the girl who was mixing chocolate. "You don't have to if you're not comfortable with it."

"No no, it's okay." Rebecca nodded, not looking at the boys as she picked up the first peanut butter ball with a fork. "You've seen my face before, might as well have my phone number as well." She dipped the buckeye and slipped it back on the tray in one quick movement. "567..." Rebecca gave the rest of her digits as she completed another five buckeyes, working quickly.

"Can I make a group chat with us seven?" Jungkook asked, leaning forward on Namjoon's lap. "Pleaseeeee? I can send memes it'll be so fun." That caught Rebecca's attention and the boys got to see her smile.

"Yeah, sure. That'll be a lot of fun." Her eyes were back on the tray, a soft smile on her face. BTS relaxed.

She's smiling.