sixty

"Tae!" Rebecca hissed as dispatch absolutely lost their shit. She turned around to face him, his arms still around her waist. "What are you doing??" Ozzy started barking, Hoseok calming the dog down, Spots yawning on the grass.

"I'm giving them something else to worry about." Taehyung smiled, Rebecca sighing.

"They're going to think we're a thing."

"Is that such a bad thing?" Taehyung asked softly, Rebecca freezing, her eyes locked on his.

She felt like she could fly.

You...why, how...how do you do this? How do you make me feel so, so in love. This doesn't make any sense...I thought love didn't work with me. No, love never works with me...But, but maybe you're different. Kim Taehyung, do you love me?

Lucky for the two, Jungkook came to save the day.

He stole Rebecca's sunglasses and put them on, smiling like a dumbass at dispatch. "Would you believe me if I told you she's my sister?" That comment made dispatch freeze and question for a second, but they soon got back into gear.

"Taehyung! Did you just confirm you and R are dating?!"

"I don't know." Taehyung smiled and shrugged. "Did I?"

"I'm her boyfriend!" Jin ran over, shoving Tae away from her. "She's my baby!" Rebecca let Jin cling on to her, smiling awkwardly at the cameras despite the mask covering her face.

"He's lying!" Jimin caught on to what was happening, jumping onto Jin's back and hanging on like a baby koala. "I'm the boyfriend!"

"No, I'm definitely the boyfriend." Yoongi kicked Jin's ankles, Jin trying to throw Jimin from his back.

"R, please confirm to who's your boyfriend."

"Uhm, well-"

Jin threw his back a bit too hard and tripped on Yoongi's foot that was still beside him. Since he was clinging to Rebecca, all four of them started to fall. Namjoon and Taehyung tried to catch them, but their arms and hands got caught in the bodies and they too fell, a giant man pile.

Hoseok started laughing, walking closer, almost falling to the ground from laughing so hard. "Oh you're all idiots!" Rebecca held out her hand, Hoseok pulling her up while the boys all argued on the ground.

"Hey I'm really sorry." Rebecca moved her hair from her face, talking to dispatch confidently now. "I'm just trying to enjoy a nice evening with these guys and I would greatly appreciate it if you'd let us be. They're just 20 year-olds trying to live their youth. Constantly being interrupted is putting a damper on them. Maybe you can catch us tomorrow?"

"Yeah, yeah-sure. We'll go." A man from the group nodded, pushing everyone away. "We got enough for a good story anyways."

Oh yeah. The next morning's headlines were quite the scene.

---

"Hoseok!" Rebecca reached over and hit Hoseok's stomach lightly, all of them on their backs, stargazing per Rebecca's request. "Did you see it?"

"The shooting star?" Hoseok sat up excitedly, the boys all making noises of wonder, them too seeing it. "Yeah!"

"Did everyone make a wish?" Rebecca sat up beside Hoseok, smiling widely. "I did!" Rebecca caught sight of Jungkook a little further away than the other boys. Once she squinted through the dark, she saw he was asleep, his mouth open a little bit. She smiled gently, but her mouth jumped open once Ozzy jumped onto his stomach.

"Oof!" Jungkook immediately sat up, Ozzy ramming his head into Jungkook's, making him fall backwards again. "Ozzy!" Rebecca tried to cover her laugh as she crawled over to Jungkook, Hoseok laying back down.

"Are you okay?" She couldn't help but chuckle while she spoke, Jungkook groaning on the ground.

"That dog hates me." Jungkook rubbed his nose gently, opening an eye to look over at Rebecca.

"He just really really loves you." Rebecca let Ozzy shove his head under her arm. "Don't you baby?" She kissed his head, Ozzy wagging his tail excitedly, his mom's attention all on him. "You're good to them Jungkook." Rebecca turned her head back to Jungkook, his elbows propped him up a little while on his back. She smiled gently, not showing her teeth, just a peaceful little sign of happiness.

"Really?" Jungkook's eyes widened into a hopefully stare. Rebecca giggled and nodded, seeing the sparkles in his eyes. His face blossomed with an excited smile. "Do you think I could get a dog then?"

"Of course!"