Chapter 1

Before starting with the story, please read the description and tags to know what you've signed up for. This isn't a typical love story. Jikook is already married here and as the title of this book suggests, there's going to be one hell of plot twists so beware lol

The events represented in this story are purely fictional and have nothing to do with the real-life characters.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Author's POV

"Jimin... Baby, get up. We're going to be late for work."

The said male had his nose scrunched up cutely, whining with his morning voice as his husband continued to shake him, as he had been doing for the past few minutes.

"Urgh no please five more minutes." The sleepy blond-haired male mumbled, words barely comprehensible as he had his face planted between the comfort of the pillows.

"Nuh-huh! You aren't getting even a minute more. I know you're tired and all but it's your fault for not listening to me last night! You were so horny that you dismissed the fact that today is Mond–" Jungkook was cut off by a pillow smacking on his face.

Hissing, the younger male rubbed his nose as he watched the still sleepy Jimin now sitting on the bed with his cheeks rinsed in crimson. Jungkook couldn't help but laugh seeing the pout on his husband's face. Although Jimin was older, he sometimes acted more childish than Jungkook.

Soon, the smile was wiped off his face as he took heed of time. "Min! It's 8 already!"

"Shit! What? And you're telling me this now?" A panicked Jimin stood up, wincing and limping on the way as he ran to the bathroom.

The scene was too amusing for the younger to not emit a fit of laughter as he struggled to speak, "Well, I– I  did try– to wa–"

He was cut off again by a pillow thrown at his face.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

After taking a shower, the blond-haired male slowly plodded down the stairs in his work attire, eyes watching the hurried movements of his husband who was preparing the table for their breakfast. "For someone who is late for work, you sure took your sweet time in the shower." Jungkook snickered as he pulled a seat for the older to sit.

"I'm going to get scolded anyway. Now I might as well take my sweet time to fill my tummy." Jimin playfully rolled his eyes, joining the younger who simply shook his head with a smile. Among the two, Jimin was the more carefree one.

Glaring, the older male threw a piece of corn at the younger who wiggled his brows when the former winced while sitting. Chuckling, the two did their breakfast between their small chit-chats, however, still keeping the track of time.

Once the two were done, each took the necessities for their work before leaving. Fixing his dishevelled tie, Jungkook took the car keys and unlocked the two cars while the older locked the front door.

Rising the corner of his lips, Jimin rushed to the younger to take his car key, pecking his svelte lips with his soft ones as he bid goodbye to the latter before parting ways in their own vehicles.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Among the two, Jimin's office was closer to their house compared to Jungkook's. However, the latter's work would start later than Jimin's. It took almost 15 minutes for Jimin to reach the parking lot of his office, rushing out as soon as he settled his car.

Being the social butterfly he was, the blond-haired male politely bowed at his coworkers passing by before rushing toward the receptionist who had informed him that their boss was expecting him in his office.

Cursing under his breath, Jimin sprinted to the elevator, wishing his stars to save him from the wrath of his boss.

Upon reaching, Jimin knocked on the office door, receiving a response soon after. The young male bowed as soon as he stepped inside, trying to leak politeness to somehow ease the displeased look of his boss.

"Park Jimin! What is the time? I'm tired of your tardiness! What excuse do you have this time?" Mr Min crossed his arms over his desk as he peered up at the younger who was giving him a sheepish yet apologetic smile. Although his boss was actually his Hyung, but only outside the office. Mr Min was not someone to take for granted.

"...I woke up late." The smaller muttered with a barely audible voice as he kept his head low.

"Ah! Of course! Make some good use of your alarm, Jimin, and stop staying up late at night."

Biting his lips, Jimin tried to suppress the rising corners of his lips, though he miserably failed to hide the flush of his cheeks.

"Hm, now get started with your work and don't be late next time."

Muttering a series of apologies, the young male scurried out of the office room, before plodding his way to his own cabin.

Phew..

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Unlike his husband, Jungkook was late by only a couple of minutes. Parking his car, the ravenette walked straight to his office, just nodding at a few people who acknowledged him. He wasn't the type to be friends with all his coworkers. His only 'friend' in his office was Mina. Speaking of, the two smiled and bowed at each other before walking into their own cabins.

Mina was a beautiful woman who was among one of the best employees of the company, and Jungkook had always considered that fact and respected her in every way. Although, he was unaware of the little admiration the woman held for him. Jungkook always considered her a good friend.

By the time the ravenette had gone through the pile of files on his desk, it was 5 pm already, soon after which, he was handed over another bundle. Guessing he'd be late to reach home today, the younger dialled his husband's number to inform the latter.

"Missed me already hunh?" The sweet voice on the other end had a hint of cockiness to its tone. Snickering, Jungkook hummed agreeing with him.

"Hm, so I just wanted to let you know that I might come a little late today. Also, we have run out of groceries in the fridge, pretty please buy something on the way. I know it's my turn but I'll make it up later."

"Aish okay. I'll do it. If that's all, I'm hanging up."

"Alright, bye, love you, Minnie."

"Love you too, kookie!"

Chuckling, the younger ended the call.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

It was a little late in the evening by the time Jimin was done with his work for the day. Arranging all the documents on his desk, the blond-haired male glanced at his wristwatch.

7:23 pm

Nodding to himself, Jimin exited his office, walking straight to his car as he reminded himself to stop by the convenience store near their house.

It all almost took him 30 minutes. Struggling and fumbling with the various grocery bags in his hand, Jimin slipped a hand inside his pocket, searching for the car keys.

Settling all the bags on the passenger seat, Jimin swivelled around to make his way to the other side of the car.

But, just as he was about to get inside...

- to be continued
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
I know it was short, but this was just an insight into Jikook's normal life before all hell breaks loose hehe.

Oh, did I mention there's going to be a hella lot of cliffhangers? :)