Chapter 14

Author's POV

Jimin walked out of his office, making his way towards the parking lot, shoving his hand in his pocket to take out his car key. Once he found them, he pressed the button unclocking the car.

He opened the door and got inside before starting the car, driving off to his house.

Meanwhile in the office Jungkook has been given more files to go through. He knew it would take more than an hour to finish everything. Jungkook cursed under his breath, regretting his existence. He just wanted to go and eat and cuddle to sleep with his husband.

He heard someone knocking on the door as he told them to come inside, eyes still on the file.

He looked up from his file to find Mina standing in his front of him smiling. Jungkook reciprocated the smile and gave her a questioning look.

"Actually, I finished my work early today and I'll seriously get bored if I go home so I thought maybe I should help you" she said, sweetly smiling.

Jungkook's face lit up as he wanted to finish his work as soon as possible and just get out of there. Hence he nodded and gestured her to sit on the chair beside him.

Mina gladly took a file and made her way to sit next to Jungkook, heart beats picking up pace.

She smiled at Jungkook one more time before sitting on the chair while Jungkook gave her a thankful look.

After Mina finished the one file she took to go through, she shifted her gaze to look at Jungkook and started staring, admiring his face.

Jungkook caught Mina staring as she looking down instantly, cheeks flushed. Jungkook chuckled, patting her back reassuringly, saying that it was okay, totally oblivious that she liked him.

"Thank you so much Mina for helping me. I just wanted to go home to my Jimin as soon as possible" he said with a bright smile. Mina felt a pang in her chest when Jungkook mentioned Jimin as she knew she had no chance to be with Jungkook.

Mina nodded and smiled, still looking down. Jungkook noticed her actions as he placed his index finger under her chin lifting her face to look at him.

"Is something wrong?" he asked softly.
Mina shook her head with a small tight smile but Jungkook wasn't having it.

"Come on tell me, I tell you everything right?" he said with a smile that melted her heart right away.

Mina hesitated, having an inner conflict, before opening her mouth "I don't wanna go home early I... I live alone but I don't like to be alone. I have..... Autophobia" she replied avoiding Jungkook's gaze.

Jungkook's lips parted a little in shock. The woman he thought to be the strong from outside was actually a person who was afraid to be alone.

"You mean you have a phobia of being alone?" asked jungkook.

Mina nodded and smiled sadly, "Usually I invite my friends over when I'm alone, atleast one of my friends would be home waiting for me by the time I reach. They too come to my home after finishing their work in office. I don't wanna be a burden to them but they are too nice to listen to me. As you know I'm done with my work today. I have to go home early. I mean, what will I even do sitting alone in my cabin" she said smiling sadly.

Jungkook looked at her with sad eyes. He was feeling bad for his friend, "You know what? I'll stay with you here, let's talk" He said, smiling excitedly.

Mina shook her head denying "No no Jungkook, I don't want to be a burden to you please you have finished your work you can go home. I know you don't like to be in office" said Mina chuckling.