Chapter 8

Author's POV

"Whom did you call?" Jimin asked curiously. Jungkook smiled and said "You'll see" before adding, "Now come on, get up, brush your teeth and eat this porridge"

Jimin scrunched up his face in disgust, "Eww porridge.... I don't like it at all" and shook his head. "No excuses you have to eat if you want to get better soon"

Jimin pouted and stood up slowly, feeling a little dizzy because of the high temperature and headache.
Jungkook helped him to the bathroom and Jimin brushed his teeth, one hand still palming his forehead because of the pain.

After that, they both came out and Jungkook helped him to sit on the bed and he himself sat beside him. He took the bowl containing the porridge before taking some in the spoon and blew on it as the porridge was hot. Jungkook then held it near Jimin's mouth expecting him to open his mouth and have it but Jimin was looking at the spoon with a frown, disgust clearly evident on his face.

When Jungkook saw this, he chuckled and said "Jiminie open your mouth" he said softly. Jimin shook his head vigorously and faced the other side not wanting to eat the porridge,
"Jiminie come on don't be like a baby. I mean I know I call you baby, but that doesn't mean you will actually behave like a kid"

Jimin was still facing the other side, mouth forming a frown, "Aish Jiminie, you have to eat to get better and if you don't get well before I come back from the office, I'll make you sit home tomorrow too" he said, trying to convince Jimin to eat the porridge.

Hearing this, Jimin whipped his face in front towards the spoon, eyes wide a little and lips still pouting. Unwillingly, he opened his mouth and took the spoon in his mouth eating the porridge.

The moment the porridge touched his tongue he almost shut his eyes, face clearly looked disgusted with the food. He just swallowed it without even bothering to chew it a bit not wanting to keep it inside his mouth for more than a second, trying to finish it as soon as possible.

Jungkook pouted at the sight and said "Am I that bad at cooking?" Jimin looked at Jungkook with both eyebrows raised and said "No Jungkook! You know even if the best cook in the world makes the porridge, I still wouldn't like it and besides you are a really good cook" he said opening his mouth after for the second spoonful of porridge, "Wow it looks like you want to eat it more and more huh" said Jungkook.
"Pfft no I just want to finish this shit as soon as possible"

After almost 10 minutes, Jimin began shaking his head not wanting to eat the porridge anymore,"Enoughhh I don't want this anymore, I'm full" whined Jimin cutely. "Baby just three more spoons okay" said jungkook softly.

"NO! I'm done! One more spoon and I'll puke"
"Okay" Jungkook said and kept the bowl aside. He opened the drawer of the nightstand beside the bed, to take out a slip of tablets for fever. Then he opened the cap of the water bottle and gave the tablet and water to Jimin.

Jimin took the medicine, putting it in his mouth and gulped down the water. Jimin scrunched up his face for the nth time today as the taste of the tablet was too bitter for his liking.
Jungkook laughed at his reaction and ruffled his hair, "He will come soon. Till then, you take rest okay? I'll go and get ready now" Jungkook said and kissed his forehead.

Jimin closed his eyes and smiled saying "Take care"

Jungkook nodded and went to get ready. After 15 minutes, he came back and saw that Jimin was fast asleep. He smiled at the sight, admiring him and placed another kiss and mumbled a "Bye baby" then he left for work.

----------

After a couple of hours, Jimin opened his eyes to see someone staring intently at him. He almost screamed, but when he saw who it was, his eyes widened in surprise and he jumped upon that person, tightly hugging them.

"Jin hyung!! What a surprise! Oh my God I can't believe this" he said in a high pitched excited voice. Jin laughed at his reaction, hugging him back "Well yes surprise" he said but he quickly pulled away and said "What's this Jimin? I just left for 6 months and when I came back you are here like this" he pouted.

"Ah hyung that's because you weren't here to take care of me ya know" he grinned. "Aish that brat didn't take care of you properly. I'mma whoop his ass when he comes back"

Jimin laughed and said "When did you come back from Florida? You didn't inform me" he pouted. Jin pinched his cheeks and said, "Ah I'm sorry I wanted to surprise you with Joonie"
"Oh speaking of Namjoon hyung, where is he?" he asked.
"Actually Jimin-ah, he'll come from Florida day after tomorrow, he still has some work to finish and that is when we both were going to come and visit you both but Kook called me this morning and told about you so I had to come and take care of this little baby" he said and pinched Jimin's cheeks again.
"Ouch hyung" Jimin whined and rubbed his cheeks.

Jin touched his forehead and said,"Oh thank God the fever is gone but still you need to be careful okay"
Jimin smiled and said "Okay!!"

"I'll go and make some soup for you" said Jin getting up. Jimin nodded happily and said "Ah it's been so long since I ate something that you made, lemme help you"

"No no you will stay here and rest" said Jin. "Hyung please I've been sleeping since forever now I'm bored pretty please lemme help you" Jimin said, giving his puppy eyes to Jin, "Aish this cutie okay lets go"

They both walked downstairs and went to kitchen to start preparing the soup.

Meanwhile

It was lunch break. Both Jungkook and Mina were having their lunch together. Mina looked at Jungkook and saw him zoning out. She immediately sensed that something wrong with the said boy, "Jungkook, are you okay? I mean, you look distracted" said Mina.

"Yeah I'm okay" he said shortly and forced a smile. "Kookie you know you can tell me anything right? I won't judge" Mina said sweetly smiling.
Jungkook looked up at Mina, hearing the sudden nickname. He smiled and said "I know"

"So tell me, what's bothering you?"
"Mina I think someone broke into our house yesterday and they tried to attack Jimin, but when I went home, there was no one except him. Also, the door was locked from outside. Jimin looked so scared. He was crying and watching him cry just breaks my heart"

"The door was locked from outside? Maybe someone pulled a prank on him?" she questioned with a frown and a tad bit of worry evident on her face.

"Whatever it is, he was very scared and he also had a nightmare last night. He's having a fever. I asked my hyung to take care of him. I'm such a bad husband. I love him so much, but I couldn't be with him when he needed me" he said looking down, almost on the verge of shedding tears.
Mina felt a pang in her heart when she heard the word love from Jungkook and not for her but for someone else. But, she was happy as long as Jungkook was happy. She forced a smile, but a painful one and took Jungkook's hand in her's, "Kookie, everything will be alright don't worry" she said reassuringly.

Jungkook looked down at their hands then looked up at her smiling and nodding.

There was only 5 minutes left for their lunch break to get over so Jungkook decided to call Jimin.

-----------

Meanwhile

"I'll cut the vegetables hyung" said Jimin to Jin.

"Alright"

*Phone ringing*

"Oh Jimin-ah, someone's calling you. I bet it's Jungkook" Jin said, gently elbowing the shorter to grab his attention. Jimin smiled and went upstairs to his room to get his phone.

He opened the door and was about to take his phone from the nightstand when....

-to be continued
-----------------------------------------------------------
So that's all for today
Hope u like it
Your votes and comments are appreciated
Thank u for reading
Until then
Bye sweeties