Chapter 16

Author's POV

All of them were waiting for Jimin to wake up. Almost an hour later, a slight movement in Jimin's hand which was held securely by his husband, caught Jungkook's attention.

"Jimin!" Jungkook called out, grabbing other's attention, who were starting to doze off. Hoseok, Yoongi and Jin who were seated on the couch stood up immediately and came towards the bed. Namjoon, who was leaning against the wall came and stood beside Jin.

A frown formed on the face of the man lying on the bed. He blinked open his eyes, trying to adjust to the sudden bright and blinding light of the hospital room.

The first thing he saw after completely opening his eyes, was a worried face of Jungkook.

Jimin looked around him and saw the various wires and machines. He could hear the beeping of the heart rate monitor. Jimin tried to speak but then realized that he was wearing an oxygen mask. He brought his hand up and removed the mask in an attempt to speak clearly.

"J-Jungkook" was the first thing he spoke. Jungkook eagerly nodded his head, lips curving up into a smile.
Jungkook hugged Jimin as a tear made its way to Jimin's shirt.

"You.... scared me" Jungkook said, voice coming out as barely above a whisper, still hugging him as if his life was depended on him. Jimin closed his eyes as he mumbled,"Sorry"

Everyone smiled in relief looking at the couple and Namjoon patted Jungkook's back.

Jungkook pulled himself from Jimin, before standing straight to wipe off his own tears. He cupped Jimin's face, "Don't you dare do that ever again" he said, scolding Jimin.

Jimin smiled weakly and nodded as he held both of Jungkook's hand which was cupping his face.

"Jimin.. What exactly happened?" asked Hoseok, breaking the silence.

It took Jimin a second longer to process what was asked to him.

The moment he recalled everything that happened in the house when he was alone, his eyes widened as he started to breathe heavily.

He looked at Jungkook with wide eyes trying to say what happened but no words were coming out of his mouth.

The heart rate monitor showed his sudden abnormal heartbeat.
Everyone's eyes widened as Hoseok immediately placed the oxygen mask back to Jimin's mouth. It took a couple of minutes for him to calm down.

"Let him rest. Let's not disturb him for a while" Namjoon said and everyone nodded in agreement. Jungkook's face was holding a frown looking at Jimin. Worry could be clearly seen on his face.

"He looks tired Jungkook. Let him sleep" Yoongi said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

A nurse came in and asked, "Who among you is Jimin's family or close relative?"

Everyone turned their head towards Jungkook and the nurse understood he was the one as she said, "Doctor wants to have a word with you"

Jungkook nodded his head, before letting go of Jimin's hand as he made his way to the doctor's cabin.

Once he reached there, he knocked on the door and walked inside.

The doctor looked at Jungkook and told him to take a seat which he gladly accepted.
"You are his husband, I assume?"
Jungkook nodded in agreement.
"Do you know what happened to him?"
Jungkook shook his head as he said "I just found him lying on the floor"

The doctor then said, "Hmm okay, I need you to make sure that he rests well and try not to stress him out. He might not feel the pain in his head now but as soon as the power of the medicines are over he'll start to feel the pain. And I assume you must have seen his difficulty in breathing?" the doctor earned a nod from Jungkook as he continued, "Well that's because of the inhalation of gas as I said earlier. If you were late for 30 minutes more, he would have been in coma now" Jungkook looked at him with wide eyes. "Anyway make sure you give these medicines to him" he said, giving Jungkook a prescription paper.
"Thank you doctor" Jungkook said as he stood up and bowed. The doctor just nodded and smiled in response Jungkook then left the doctor's cabin and made his way back to Jimin's room.

As soon as he entered the room everyone turned their head to look at him. Namjoon came towards him looking at the paper in his hand, "I'll go get the medicines. You stay here" said Namjoon earning a nod from Jungkook.

Jungkook saw that Jimin was wide awake now, but still looked weak. He went towards the shorter and sat beside him on the bed, "Why did you remove the oxygen mask?" jungkook scolded as he saw Jimin without them on.

"Relax, I'm fine now" Jimin replied weakly. Jungkook smiled sadly at him before cupping his face with one hand, caressing his cheek softly.

Hoseok came and stood behind, while brushed back Jimin's hair, patting his head softly, he asked, "How are you feeling now?"
"I'm okay now hyung" replied Jimin while giving a small smile.

Jimin looked at everyone's face, a sudden wave of guilt crawled in his system as he saw how tired all of them looked. "I'm sorry to make you all worry" Jimin apologized weakly.

"It's nothing like that and ofcourse we will always be worried about you no matter what. Infact, not just you we'll be worried about everyone here after all, we are like a family right?" Jin said as everyone warmly smiled at Jimin.

"Jimin, if you don't mind me asking, can you tell me what happened" asked Hoseok. Jimin frowned and blinked rapidly, biting his lips, remembering the earlier incident.

Hoseok saw Jimin's hesistation and said, "Look I'm not pressurizing you, tell us when you are ready"
Jimin smiled weakly at him and said, "I'm ready"

He took a deep breath earning an encouraging smile from everyone, "There was someone with me inside the house" he said

He looked at them and saw an unreadable expression on everyone's face....

-to be continued
-----------------------------------------------------------
Well that's it
Hope you like it
I know it's boring but bear with me a little
Your votes and comments are appreciated
Until then
Take care
Au revoir