Chapter 44

❗️❗️ PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER. IT IS IMPORTANT ❗️❗️
-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV

"Surprise ~~"

Jimin looked up in horror at the man staring at him with a psychotic smile. The same man he feared to see even when he closed his eyes. The same man he was afraid to death. The same nightmare.

His past...

Minho...

Jimin had suddenly forgotten to breathe. He was just looking up at Minho with wide eyes, without blinking. A feeling of Deja vu hit him. His brain had stopped functioning. As if fear paralyzed him. Jimin could feel nothing but blind terror.

But then suddenly, Jimin felt panic surging through him. He could no longer control his hands. They were shaking in an odd trembling rhythm. A feeling of dread crept up from the pit of his stomach. Dread twisted his gut. He felt like he might throw up.

Jimin's heart was throbbing in his ears, loud and irregular but he could barely hear it as his mind was clouded with fear. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up. Hands cold and clammy. Legs wobbly with fear. Breathing heavy. He was frightened down to the soles of his shoes. Terror crawled up his throat. It felt hard for him to breathe without feeling pain, as if his throat was sealed.

Minho smiled menacingly upon seeing his effect on Jimin. He leaned a little more closer leaving merely some inches between their faces.

"Nice to meet you again Jimin" said Minho holding an insidious smile.

"Y-y-you...." Jimin couldn't form words. His voice was thick with fear.

"Yes! Me!! Your Minho! What? You thought I was dead?" Minho chuckled darkly and continued, "Come on Jimin, you still don't know me? Do you think I will lose a battle this easily. Tsk tsk tsk. How foolish. I am your past and I'll chase you till your death" he said menacingly.

Tears started falling down Jimin's face. He didn't want to believe that Minho was still alive. The emotions he had been keeping within him had started to come out through warm tears. Jimin wanted to cry out loud, scream and run away but he couldn't. He bit his lip to not let out any sob but he was still whimpering every now and then.

Minho suddenly knelt down in front of Jimin. Placing his hands on Jimin's lap, he rested his chin on it, making Jimin cringe with fear.

Minho ignored Jimin's disgusted look for this time and reached out his hand to touch Jimin's face.

The moment his hand made contact with Jimin's skin, he shrank back in fear, closing his eyes shut in pure terror and disgust.

Minho gritted his teeth seeing Jimin's reaction upon his small touch. He took a deep breath trying not to loose his temper. Minho smiled and looked at Jimin again.

"I missed you Jimin. I really, really missed you. You don't know how painful it is to wait for 2 years to get what you want" Minho said tracing his finger on Jimin's face.

Jimin could only close his eyes shut, scrunching up his face, letting out whimpers occasionally. He turned his face away from Minho to avoid his gentle but disgusting touch.

Minho's demeanor suddenly changed. He really tried to control himself from being harsh on Jimin, but Jimin wasn't helping. Minho grabbed his face and harshly made Jimin look at him.

"Don't. Act. Like. This" he spat every word with a shiver sending tone. He pinched Jimin's chin so hard, almost crushing his bones with his hand making Jimin cry out in pain.