Chapter 48

*Flash back*

*Three months ago*

Author's POV

"Jungkook where are you?" Jimin asked impatiently, frowning, while checking some files in his hand. He was in his office talking to Jungkook on phone.

"I'm about to reach there baby" Jungkook said while driving. A hand on the steering wheel and other holding his phone. He was going to pick up their daughter from her preschool.

"What do you mean by about to reach? You told me this before too. Why haven't you reached there yet? You were supposed to get her like half an hour ago! She must be crying now. You know how sensitive she is right? She's still not used to us properly. That's why i called and informed you before that i won't be able to pick her up today. Why are yo-"

"Oh God! Jimin sweetie please forgive me. I know I'm late i was stuck in a meeting. I swear I'm about to reach. Just five more minutes okay!!"

"Jungkoo-"

"BYE!" Jungkook ended the call before Jimin could scold him more for being late.

"Aish this brat" Jimin mumbled rubbing his forehead frustrated, shaking his head at his husband's silliness.

Just a month and a half ago the couple adopted a little three year old girl. They had been thinking about this for a while and finally decided to go for it. They had no idea about the kid's past since the orphanage authorities themselves didn't have any idea. They found the girl one day near their orphanage all bruised and beaten up, is what they said

The girl caught Jimin's attention at first sight itself and he decided that she'll be their daughter. The girl seemed to be very afraid of humans. She only allowed the caretaker of the orphanage to go near her. She would either run away or start crying whenever someone else tried to approach her.

Jimin and Jungkook felt even more bad for the poor little girl. They knew adopting her and taking care of her would be a challenge but they believed it was worth it.

It was very difficult to make her open up or let alone speak to them even after bringing her home and keeping her with them for a week; but finally after many failed attempts and approaches the girl started opening upto them. And after sometime, she accepted them as her parents. Jungkook swore his heart skipped multiple beats when 'Yoona' their daughter first called him 'dad' while Jimin almost teared up when she called him, 'appa'

Sometime later, they decided it was time for her to start getting education and play with others. So far, she only stayed or talked to them and just like before, she would run away from others. Even though they were aware that it's been just a month since Yoona came into their life, they needed her to play and be cheerful like other kids of her age and hence they decided to enrol her in preschool.

She would give a hard time to the people running the preschool as they would often call Jimin or Jungkook saying she started crying and is wanting to see her fathers no matter what. It was jimin who used to drop and pick her up from her preschool; but today, he had to attend an important meeting. So here Jungkook was, driving on the road like crazy, being careless. He only cared about reaching there asap and get his kid.

"HEY! Slow down young man. Do you wanna die or what?!" he heard an old man yelling at him for driving carelessly. Jungkook cursed under his breath when he got a call from the preschool teacher of Yoona. He knew she must be crying and waiting for him to pick her up. Jungkook started driving more fast not giving any shit about rules.