Chapter 49

Author's POV

"Who is Yoona?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin's wrapped arms around Jungkook loosened upon hearing Jungkook's question.

"W-what?" Jimin asked, thinking he heard something wrong.

"Who is Yoona?" Jungkook asked clearly once again.

Jimin let out a chuckle thinking Jungkook was joking, "What are you saying Jungkook? She's our baby. Stop joking around" he said, nervously laughing.

Jungkook pulled away to look at Jimin, "JIMIN! You stop joking around! We never had a baby. Did you adopt her when I was here?" Jungkook asked, voice laced with a tad bit of anger.

"J- Jungkook? You don't remember Yoona?! Sh-she's our baby! We brought her home together! How can you forget her? Infact, you were just going to get her from her preschool before the acc-" Jimin stopped when he noticed Jungkook holding his head with his hands.

"W-what happened?" Jimin stood up, panicked.

"My-my head is hurting" Jungkook said in pain.

"Wait, I-I'll call the doctor" Jimin said and ran out to call Minho.

---------

Jimin was once again sitting beside a sleeping Jungkook, gently running his fingers through Jungkook's soft locks.

Jimin let out a sigh of tiredness, frustration and sadness. He leaned back on his chair and closed his eyes.

"From what you said, I'm afraid Jungkook might be suffering from amnesia. Now we have to see from which period his memory has been erased. All we can do is wait for him to get his memory back and try to make him remember everything, but slowly" Jimin opened his eyes while recalling what the doctor said.

He cursed at his life for being so hard on him. These three months, he was being strong for Jungkook, praying for him to wake up soon, but now that he finally has, another problem was thrown at them.

The thought of Yoona running to her dad being happy to meet him, but Jungkook refusing to recognise her, made him almost pull his hair in frustration.

Jimin had dozed off after a while. His head was resting on his folded arms which were resting on the bed Jungkook was lying on.

Jimin flinched when he felt someone shaking him. He sat straight and looked up to see Taehyung standing beside him with a small smile.

But his smile was replaced with a frown when he saw Jimin giving him a tired and sad look. Taehyung took Jimin's hand, pulling him to sit on the the couch in the room. Once he pushed Jimin and made him sit down, he himself sat beside Jimin.

Taehyung placed his hand on Jimin's shoulder without saying anything. Jimin knew he was silently asking him to share his problem. The two bestfriends didn't have to communicate with words in order to understand each other.

Jimin let out another sigh and leaned on Taehyung resting his head on his shoulders. For a while, Jimin was thinking about how him and Jungkook were being a trouble for them. All these months, his bestfriend and hyungs were always there for them. And for that, he was very greatful to them; but now when he thought everything was going to be fine, there comes another problem. He was thinking about not telling them about it, but then eventually, he said it, as it was too much for him to handle alone.

Taehyung was shocked for a while. He was feeling bad for his best friend and Jungkook, but he knew Jimin needed them the most at this time. Jimin closed his eyes being exhausted while Taehyung kept rubbing his back.

Sometime later Jungkook woke up. He saw Jimin sitting on the same chair looking at him. Taehyung had left just few minutes before Jungkook woke up.

"How are you feeling now?" Jimin asked sofly while caressing his cheek.

"Better" Jungkook replied with a smile while taking Jimin's hand and placing a kiss on his knuckles making Jimin smile as well.

"Jimin...."

"Yes?" jimin said nervously. He was having a feeling Jungkook was going to ask something about Yoona.

"About what you said earlier... Do.. Do we really have a daughter?" Jungkook asked with a barely audible voice.

Jimin closed his eyes only to open it before looking at Jungkook, "Yes Jungkook, we do. Her name is Yoona. We went to an orphanage and brought her home together" Jimin answered with a warm smile.

"R-really?" Jungkook asked with a smile and then stared at the white walls of the hospital room for a while.

"Then... Why can't I remember anything?" Jungkook asked with a sad tone.

"It's because of the accident Jungkook. Don't worry, you will start remembering everything soon okay?" Jimin said while caressing his cheek trying to convince Jungkook as well as himself that everything will be fine.

"Where is she now?" Jungkook asked again with a voice, barely above whisper.

"She's with our neighbor right now. Our neighbor insisted on taking care of her because she doesn't like to stay in the hospital. She used to come to see you everyday after coming from her preschool before going home" he said softly while Jungkook was trying his best to remember the baby but it all just started to give him another headache, so he stopped thinking about it, for now.

"When can I go home Jiminie?" Jungkook asked.

"Tomorrow morning"

-to be continued
-----------------------------------------------------------
I know I know it was short and boring but please bear with me. We're very near to the end. Hopefully just one more chapter :')

Also I repeat, it was just a coincidence that in this story Minho and Mina appeared in Jungkook's dream :)