Chapter 23

Author's POV

It was around 3 in the morning when Jimin stirred in his sleep. Scrunching his face, he blinked open his eyes. He was still locked by the muscular protective arms of Jungkook while his own wrapped around the other's torso.

He felt a burning sensation in his throat. Lump clogged his throat as even breathing seemed to be difficult because his throat seemed to be set on fire. He felt the urge to drink hot water as he unwrapped Jungkook's arms from his body, removing the blanket covering his lower half as he sluggishly stood up making his way towards the kitchen

Each step on the stairs made an annoying creaking noise. And the dreadful silence of the night made it even more harsh and high-pitched.

As he made it to the kitchen, he took out some hot water in a glass and drank it. Every gulp he took seemed difficult judging by his face that scrunched up because of his burning throat. But the hot water send some relief to his throat. He felt better than before.

After placing the glass back in it's place he started heading towards his bedroom. His steps halted, when he saw a shadow of a figure right near the stairs, which is the only way to go to his room.

He knew it was something again. He knew he doesn't wanna encounter with whoever or whatever it is. He just wants to go straight to his room and get caged in his lover's protective arms again.

But how??

He needs to use the stairs to go up.

After having an inner battle and hundreds of second thoughts, he took a deep breath and started running towards the stairs. He just wanted to somehow reach the room.

He almost reached the last step when he heard a shrilling voice from behind making him halt in his steps.

Jiminiee~~

He felt the puff of breath on his earlobe, hair on his arms rising suddenly. Jimin suddenly felt the drop in temperature as his spine felt chills. He felt a phantom hand on his shoulders as the feeling of light-headedness and nausea slowly took over him.

Don't turn around! Just run!! The voice in his head shouted at him but he found his body turning around to see who it was.

Did curiosity kill the cat?

No...

Because there was no one and the window was open explaining why there was a sudden drop in temperature.

Letting out a breath he was holding for what felt like centuries, he turned around back to make his way back to his room

BOO!!

Jimin felt his heart stopped beating. He felt a harsh push on his shoulders making him fall down the stairs, head hitting on each of the steps while falling.

And all he could see next was complete darkness.

Jungkook's eyes opened wide in an instant when he heard a loud thud of something falling harshly on the floor.

He sat up within a second to see what on earth was happening in this ungodly hour. When he looked to his side where Jimin was supposed to be sleeping, he didn't find him making every part of his body alert.

He quickly pushed off the blanket covering his body and ran towards the source of sound.

What he saw next was a horrifying sight for him. Jimin lying on the end of the stairs, blood oozing out of his head as he laid there still, without any moment.

"JIMIN!" he called out and ran towards him stumbling and tripping here and there.

"Jimin!!" he called again while crouching down, taking his head on his lap not giving a shit about his shirt that was starting to absorb the red liquid.

Jungkook shook him calling his name repeatedly. He earned nothing but silence as the latter didn't even budge.

He rushed out of his house with a bleeding Jimin in his arms and made his way towards the car to head to the hospital as soon as possible.

Jungkook couldn't think straight. His hands holding the steering wheel were shivering. He felt like deja vu hitting him hard. He wanted to inform his hyung but since he was in a rush to take Jimin to a hospital, he forgot to bring his phone with him

Almost immediately, he reached the hospital considering the fact that he was driving over the speed limit earning a few horns and some curses from people.

Jungkook parked his car and lifted Jimin bridal style and ran inside the hospital screaming for help.

He felt like his heart was set on fire which is about to explode. Jungkook was terrified.

Terrified of losing his lover.

Two men came with a stretcher and took Jimin with them inside the operating room. He wanted to go in, hold his Jimin close to him but he was forced to stay out.

All he could do was wait...

The wait could mean his husband's survival

Or death...

-to be continued
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bye 💀