Chapter 3

"I need all the quality checklists redone within the next two days. I do not want to hear any sort of complaints-"

Don't yawn, don't yawn, don't yawn...

Gritting his teeth, the youngest held back a yawn, eyelids heavy and almost on the verge of closing. It has been only about 30 minutes since the meeting started, yet here he was fidgeting with the silver shaded pen in his hand to distract himself from dozing off.

"-from the shipment this time. Jungkook, it is your responsibility to approve the new checklist of the products."

Urgh... When is this going to end...

"Jungkook?"

The younger continued to play with the pen in his hand, unbeknownst to everybody else now staring at him.

"Mr Jeon!"

"Ye- Yes sir?" Startled, the said male peered up to see his boss fuming. A worried Mina discreetly mouthed him the words he skipped to hear.

"Did you understand?"

"Yes sir, I- I will do it."

"Hm, good. That is all for today. Everyone can leave."

Phew...

Sighing, Jungkook stood up along with everyone, thanking his stars for not letting him get caught today. When the younger met eyes with the woman who helped him, he sent a gratified smile, which was gladly returned.

Walking up to his cabin, the first thing he did was check his phone.

13 missed calls from Minnie❤

The mere words had his legs feel wobbly. Something like this has never happened before. What made Jimin call him this many times?

Gulping the forming lump in his throat, the ravenette quickly dialled up his husband's number. His heart picked up its pace when his phone switched off due to insufficient battery.

Rubbing his forehead to ease the anxious creases on it, he took a deep breath to calm himself. Though, his fretful fingers soon grabbed his overcoat before dashing out of his cabin. He could hear his friend's concerned calls for his name. Jungkook guessed Mina must've seen him running past her cabin, still, he couldn't care about that now. He had to reach home, and make sure Jimin was fine.

Rushing to his car, the ravenette got inside before starting the vehicle. He was driving past the speed limit yet that did not matter to him at the moment.

He couldn't brush off the ominousness of the situation. Maybe he was just overreacting? Nothing could ease his agitation except his Jimin.

It barely took him any time to reach his house, dashing to the front door the moment he parked his car. Gulping down a lump, the younger slipped his hand inside the many compartments of his dress pants, cursing his stars for failing to find the door key at a crucial moment like this.

Brushing his raven hair back in anger, the younger's trembling fists pounded against the door raucously, almost alerting the entire neighbourhood.

However, inside the house, the two males glanced at each other when they heard continuous knocks on the door. It somehow made Jimin's apprehension worse, not knowing what to expect. Sensing fear in the smaller's face, Taehyung offered to see who was at the door. "You stay here. I'll go check, don't worry," and though Jimin wanted to protest, he remained silent, giving a shaky nod right after.

The moment he opened the door, a figure stumbled upon him, almost dropping him to the floor. Peering up, Taehyung saw the dishevelled state of his friend, frantic eyes swivelling in all directions in search of his husband.

"Taehyung! Where's Jimin?" Grasping his shoulders, the ravenette asked. His voice carried so much urgency that it took Taehyung a moment to comprehend his question. He could only blink in response, processing the fact that the younger was gone just as fast as he came.

"Jimin?!"

The said male had his troubled gaze glued to the floor when Jungkook spotted him on the couch. Peering up, his eyes watered when the younger neared him, lips trembling as he latched himself to the latter just as Jungkook sat beside him

"Minnie, wh-what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Panic surged through his entirety when the smaller remained silent. He could feel something heavy in the pit of his stomach, assuming the worst of scenarios.

Just as Taehyung walked up and stood beside the couple, Jungkook glanced up at him in hopes of getting an answer from him. Though, his stomach gave a swoop of fear when Taehyung chose to look at the floor instead.

"You... You guys are scaring me." He swallowed a lump before continuing, "Can someone please tell me what happened?"

Earning only silence, the ravenette detached himself from the smaller who whined in protest, grabbing a fistful of his shirt as if he was afraid Jungkook was going to leave him.

"Minnie... Baby, please, tell me what happened? You're scaring me," the younger begged, wiping the trail of tears on Jimin's face, hopeful eyes meeting the latter's fearful, glimmering ones.

"Kook... I..." He hesitated, battling with himself for a moment as he glanced up at his best friend.

"Say it," the youngest encouraged, grasping his tiny hands within his large calloused fingers.

"I... I saw M- Minho."

Just as he finished, his eyes met the way the taller's grip loosened around his hands. And peering up, he saw the stupified expression on his face.

After a moment of silence, the youngest emitted a snicker, as if he was told a joke, the look on his face however unamused as if the joke was anything but funny. He found it rather sick, enough for his intestines to twist.

"You... You saw whom?" His voice was barely audible, though Jimin caught the way it carried the emotion that the younger held on his face. Disbelief. Retrieving his hands out of the ravenette's grasp, Jimin buried his face in the soft of his palms, his silent sobs muffling into them.

"What is he saying?" The youngest whispered to Taehyung, who carried a sympathetic look in his eyes, yet he shook his head and dropped his gaze to the floor.

Anger deliberately began replacing his mistrust. His frustration built up as the two in front of him remained voiceless. He needed answers! Swiftly, his fingers met with the smaller's only to remove them from hiding his face. Gently, holding his chin, the youngest made Jimin look into his eyes. "You saw Minho? Do you realise what you're saying is impossible? He can't come back, Jimin!"

Scoffing, the smaller removed the taller's hands holding his face. "You think I'm lying? I'm telling you both, I saw him! He- He was right in front of me. I saw him, kook!"

"But that is not possible, Jimin! He can't be here now, you must have misunderstood!" His voice was raised an octave higher, and his words were agreed by Taehyung as he nodded his head along.

"Why can't you both believe me when I say I saw him? I saw him, okay?!" Matching the younger, Jimin raised his voice too, not masking the frustration he carried within himself for not being able to convince the two people closest to him.

"That is NOT possible, Jimin!" The words slipped past his gritting teeth and Taehyung just knew Jungkook was about to lose it.

"But, Jungko-"

"WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND JIMIN HE'S DEAD!!!"

-to be continued
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪