Chapter 24

Author's POV

Jungkook was standing outside the operating room. He was pacing back and forth, biting his nails, heart racing, hands shaky and sweaty, trying best to calm down, telling himself that everything will be okay.

"It's okay, it's okay. Calm down, he'll be okay" he mumbled to himself, still pacing around.

Another 10 minutes passed before the door of the room opened revealing the same doctor who treated him yesterday.

Jungkook immediately rushed towards the doctor and said, "Doctor is he-"
The doctor cut him off placing a hand in front of him indicating him to stop speaking as he already knew what Jungkook was going to ask him.

"The wound from the previous accident got open again and not just that, it has gotten worse now. His right arm is broken and will take almost a month to heal. But, don't worry he's fine now. He's sleeping. You need to be careful, he just came yesterday and now today again" the doctor spoke disappointedly.

The doctor let out a sigh when he saw Jungkook looking down, feeling guilty for not taking care of Jimin like how he should have.

The doctor patted his back,"Just take care of him and let him rest more. He can leave tomorrow afternoon. Until then, he'll be under observation. You may go see him now" the doctor said before walking away.

Jungkook stood holding the doorknob of the room where Jimin was while taking deep breaths and letting out a shaky ones over and over again. He wanted to go in and hold him close but at the same time he was afraid to see him lying without any movement. Jungkook blamed himself for whatever happened to Jimin. He wasn't there for him when he needed him the most.

He knew it was his fault.

Sighing for the nth time, he decided to go in.

Jimin laid there motionless, just like the first time they came here which was just yesterday, but this time he didn't have an oxygen mask, instead his right arm plastered.

Jungkook shifted his gaze to look at anywhere but Jimin. He just couldn't see him like that knowing he's the cause of it!

Sighing again, he walked out of the room to sit on the bench right outside the room looking down the whole time.

Almost half an hour later, Jungkook started dozing off.

-----------

Sometime later Jimin woke up. He scrunched up his face and blinked his eyes rapidly, trying to adjust to the bright light of the room, but felt a sharp pain shooting inside his head.

Jimin looked around to process where he was and adjust to the surrounding. He knew he was in the hospital bed considering the fact that he saw those similar machines and and IV drip on his hand.

He tried to sit up but another sharp pain shoot up in his right arm as he tried to move it. Only then, he noticed his arm was fractured.

But he remembered something...

Where's Jungkook?

Why isn't he here with me? He thought while frowning, but then shrugged it off because maybe Jungkook just went to get medicines.

-----------

Meanwhile Jungkook had dozed off. Sometime later, he felt someone shaking him and calling his name.

It was a female's voice.

He blinked open his eyes to see Mina standing in front of him with worried eyes looking intensely at him

"Jungkook? What happened? Why are you here?" Mina asked.

It took a second long for Jungkook to process what was happening and what Mina was asking him.

"Uh... actually, Jimin is here... He fell off of the stairs and... broke his arm" he said not realizing he had been asleep for 2 hours and Jimin was awake by now.

Mina sighed and sat beside him, patting his back in the process and rubbed it reassuringly.

"Why are you here though?" asked Jungkook curiously.
"My neighbor is admitted here. Stage IV cancer. Just few more days left for her. Her mom died two years ago, father left her even before she was born. Basically there's no-one to take care of her so as a friend, I should be here for her right?" she said smiling.
Jungkook nodded and said, "You are really nice Mina"

She smiled once again and looked down.

Few minutes had passed and Jungkook felt his eyes getting heavy again. He tried hard to stay awake but he was extremely tired.

Meanwhile inside the room, Jimin was getting restless. He has been waiting for almost an hour and a half now, but still there was no sign of Jungkook.

Jimin assumed that his hyungs weren't here because they weren't informed about it, otherwise all of them would have been here with him now.

Waiting for a couple of minutes more, he decided to go look for Jungkook himself. Maybe he could ask the doctor or atleast someone if they had seen him. Or the least, maybe he could call him.

Jimin tried to sit up again but he found it too difficult as his whole body was paining and he couldn't even use his right arm as a support to sit up.

Somehow using all of his strength, he sat up and stood on his feet while groaning in process, feeling the cold floor making his feet numb.

He removed the IV drip needle on his left arm and limped towards the door.

What he saw after opening the door made him halt in his steps.

There on the bench, sat Jungkook with his head rested on Mina's shoulder while her own on Jungkook's head.

And there stood Jimin in front of them with a heavy heart....

-to be continued
-----------------------------------------------------------
That's it for today
Your votes and comments are appreciated
Until then
Take care
Tschüss