Chapter 27

My fear has come embracing me like a lover. I was inside the Emerald Palace with Lucas escorting me to one of many rooms in this grand palace.

"Here we are, princess. The prince had been agitated the past weeks for not able to see you," Lucas said and opened the door.

Here I thought that Aiden would be happy to see me but, it was clear as the day, today he was pissed off. He was still hang up at the fact that I haven't moved to the Emerald Palace.

He welcomed me with a glare that very much similar to his father, malice aside.

"Good morning, brother," I greeted him.

In return, he ignored me looking away. He's acting childish. . . Well, he's still nine years old, that can't be helped.

The door behind me opened.

"Oh! You must be Princess Elaine, my new student. I'm Keith Randolf, your language, math, and economics teacher."

A young scholar with a kind smile and easy to approach aura.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Randolf. I'll be in your care for now on," I said as I curtsy.

"Please call me Keith."

Since Aiden and I were the only students, we shared single long table. The prince continued to give me the cold shoulder as the first lesson starts.

"Sir Cree told me that you are excellent in reading and writing, Princess Elaine. Then I won't hold back but please ask me if you don't understand," Keith said.

I bobbed a nod in answer.

Keith Randolf spoke with a kind tone. He was very creative in his teaching, making the lesson more engaging. I could see the professionalism and passion in every word and action.

At the end of his lesson, he praised us both equally.

"You," Aiden suddenly spoke in the middle of the break time. "You're wearing it."

Huh? "What? Oh, the ribbon." The prince was staring intensely the golden ribbon that ties my hair. I touched it feeling conscious. "You gave it to me so I'll wear them as much that I can."

"Do you. . .do you like it?" He said suddenly looking shy and quickly averted his eyes.

An imaginary smile formed as I think, that was fast.

"I don't wear something I don't like," I said. I also don't care what I wear though but, "I really like them."

I need to make sure that he won't go back ignoring me again. It would be bad if he suddenly tells the king that he doesn't want me to be his study buddy. I don't know what will happen if it comes to that but I don't plan to find out.

Now I only have to do is strike while the iron is hot.