Chapter 30

Magic, huh.

The crown prince was one of the blessed people who attained magic.

How envious.

"Why are you even here? Don't you have work to attend to?" Aiden asked Lucas after settling inside the warm parlour room.

"I have plenty of time to kill, your highness. Also I'm always welcome here, right princess?"

With perfect timing he pull something in his coat. A white box with violet ribbon. A box that I was very much familiar with.

If a random person saw us, one could say that we were doing something illegal here. The way the captain smoothly placed his payment.

"That is right. Visiting me unannounced but nevertheless is welcome," I said as I casually took the box that he slide on the table. I inspected the chocolates and with satisfaction I continued, "Just pay him no mind, brother. He's just here to tend his broken heart."

"How harsh, princess. Someday I'll tell you every detail when I find my true love."

True love my ass.

"Please don't spout useless things to the princess, Sir Bismarck." Haisley placed our drinks and some confectioneries on the table. "Prince Aiden, are you going to have dinner here with the princess?"

"I will."

"Then I'll tell the cook. Please excuse me," Haisley said and left the room.

I tilted my head. "Aren't you going to leave before dinner?"

"I change my mind. I want to eat with you," Aiden said a little bit softly that I almost missed it.

. . . His mood changes so quickly.

And with that, I'll be having dinner with the crown prince. Let's hope something won't happen during or after the dinner.

"By the way, how was your training camp, your highness?" Lucas asked.

"It's just like what you and Mykel told me," Aiden shortly replied.

I took a chocolate and feed it to the little prince out of habit. I did spoil him two years ago.

"Did you gain friends?" I asked.

"I don't think I could call them friends. It's more like an ally or supporters," Aiden said thoughtfully. "I enjoy their company, those two."

It seems that he found some trustworthy friends.

"Did you know princess. That the training camp is like tea party for boys, gaining connection and such. Young masters of higher rank from different kingdoms would compete with each other in different challenges and also forming a bond and acknowledgement from the different nobles," Lucas explained.

"Sounds fun," I said sarcastically and took a sip on my hot chocolate.

Aiden who took it the other way, said, "It is, especially after beating the other team."

Beating?! What kind of training camp does allow children beat other children to pulp.

Isn't that too violent?!