Chapter 14

The day passed by ever so quickly. But his undying compliments are also there. Just like when we were picking a gown...

"Mr. Huang?" the assistant asked after I went out of the fitting room, with Renjun looking back at me.

"As I expected, you really look beautiful with anything" he warmly smiled, to which I blushed and pouted,

"Stop. I'm not even used to this!" I replied but he just giggled, "It's fine, you look ethereal, just like always" he smiled, making me look down, the assistant cooing.

Yes... he really told me that even when the assistant is there.

Even when we were just sitting at a bench in Lotte World, because we went there.

I smiled as the cold breeze passed through us, my hair carelessly flying.

"Is it just me or you really look beautiful?" he suddenly blurted, making me look at him.

"Hmm? I guess it's just you, no one even likes me Renjun, it's just you" I replied while he just shrugged.

"Then I guess you never knew 'bout our schoolmates back in China. They loved you" I just looked down and shrugged, too.

I find it funny, though. I grew up thinking I am ugly, for me to accept anyone's opinion easilu, so I know I am. Now it's hard to believe everyone calling me beautiful.

We're now at my room where we always sleep.

"Y/N-ah, thank you" he suddenly said, holding my left hand.

"Uhm, what for? I don't think I did something--"

"No, you did. Thank you for staying with me, Y/N. I used to think no one will stay beside me--"

"Hold up, Jun. I am staying beside you because I know how it feels to be left out. I am here for you because I know how it fees to have no one to rely on.

I am here because it's you" I told him directly, receiving a smile from him.

This is actually kind of comfortable. It's really overwhelming. He's been opening up to me recently, and so do I.

We're comfortable with each other now, unlike before, we would always be frozen or spacing out. This is great.

Even though I have second thoughts about this, I'm still thankful. I can still be with him before he'll be with his first love, right?

I stared at the stars, keeping the words in my head clear. I will always love him, even if it hurts.

Renjun's POV

I just continued to stare at her while she stated at the stars above. The way her eyes sparkled with the fairy lights and the stars, she's really beautiful.

I will always be here for her, just like how she is there for me. We'll be by each other 'til the end, anyway.

I don't know why am I like this, why can't I tell her the truth yet. But this must be because it's how love works.

I decided to stare at the stars above us, watching how they twinkle.

I decided to promise myself that I'll make her happy, making sure that the stars above us witnessed, as if they're the evidence.

I promise to be there for her when she's sad, when she needs someone to rely on, when she needs comfort, when she needs me.

"Y/N-ah, don't you think this is nice?" I asked, out of the blue. She looked at me and smiled, nodding.