Chapter 40

And like what everyone expected, it became awkward for Xiaojun and Renjun, but Y/N is fine with both talking to her, still trying to reach out to Xiaojun, even just as friends.

Now, she has to admit it herself that she still likes him, maybe even more though. Who can blame her? Her love of her life, who she liked years prior to their (forced) marriage, just had to cheat on her and made her give up.

But she knows something is going on between Yangyang and Xiaojun, something good, may she add. She's happy for Xiaojun, and for Yangyang who never had a girlfriend, nor a boyfriend.

17 days through the deal with Mrs. Huang, Renjun showed her everything he was scared to do. Today he made her breakfast, as if he's showing the best version of him.  Well late breakfast since it's 11 am already, they kinda slept late due to non sense talks.

He's also wearing something as if he'll go out. He started to not hesitate telling her his secrets, his past, basically his whole life.

Alright now, we can call her marupok, right? Someone easy to get, because why not? It's been just 17 days and we can tell, she fell back in love with him. Of course there were days she would show him her petty side, testing him.

"No bitch, I don't wanna eat" she rolled her eyes on him, boring holes on the plate with the pancakes that she actually was craving for. Renjun sighed, but smiled.

He sat at the edge of the bed, beside her. "Well, after you eat we can go anywhere you want, go to the cliff, visit somewhere, whatever" and it convinced her.

Or maybe she just used that as a reason to already eat the pancakes.

Yangyang blocked Renjun's way before he can even walk 5 steps away from their room, as he left to let Y/N get ready for their deal.

"Let's talk" Yangyang looked at him straight in the eyes before leading him to the balcony, where Xiaojun was waiting.

Xiaojun smiled shyly at him, patting the space beside him. Awkwardly, Renjun slowly walked near him, sitting. Their seats were arranged with Xiaojun in the middle.

"Let's not be awkward, I just want to tell you I am sorry, for getting in between you guys when I could've just been there for her without any attachment-"

"No, Ge. I am sorry, for hurting her. You've loved her so dearly and always cared for her, more than I did. You have always deserved her, more than I do. I never deserved her.

You always thought of her first rather than your own self, and I want to thank you for that, too. I am happy also, that you had at least some time with her. I know it's bold of me to even cheat on her, I know it's my fault, Ge.

Thank you for being there for her when I was stupid enough to be missing by her side. It's my fault. I am also sorry for blaming you before, you do not deserve the words I've said. I promise to be responsible from now on, Ge" he looked at Xiaojun after his short speech, who was tearing up a bit, before proceeding to hug him.

"Just take care of her, not because of me but because you love her, okay? I trust you in this, I always did" he smiled, wiping his tears before backing away from the hug.

Yangyang witnessed how these two forgave each other, and he knew he also had to. "Yangyang, please, forgive me too-"

"I also forgive you, Renjun. You'll be responsible from now on, right?" he smiled at his cousin's husband, who smiled back at him, with ease that disappeared months ago.

"Besides, I am sure we'll be fine" Xiaojun interrupted, holding Yangyang's hand who looked at him with wide eyes. "H-how'd you know?"

Renjun laughed, "I knew it, Yangyang liked you, Ge. He was dense, glad he's stepping up the game" Yangyang glared at Renjun, to which the other two just laughed.