Chapter 41

It's already three days before the last day of the deal, and Renjun planned something. "Xiaojun ge, will it work?" he asked the guy, who just nodded.

"After years of looking at her from afar, I'm sure she'll like it" he smiled at Renjun. Has he moved on? Not yet, it's on the process but at least the progress is there, he has Yangyang after all.

Renjun smiled at everyone, "Hyungs, Ge's, and you babies, thank you for helping me" he thanked everyone. They all just nodded and  started scurrying away to do their tasks.

"You, take care of her, alright? I don't want her to be hurt even if I move on, she's a sister to me now" Renjun knew his Ge was close to tearing up, so he hugged him.

He sighed, "Ge, you can talk to her. I don't mind, Ge. I want you to have a happy conversation with her before you move on, it's fine" Renjun smiled, pulling off from the hug. Xiaojun smiled back, going to Renjun and Y/N's room, as Renjun made sure to inform everyone don't enter the room.

"Hey, how are you" Xiaojun smiled as soon as he saw Y/N sitting on the bed, on her phone. She put her phone down, a broken smile playing on her lips. "I'm fine..." she trailed off, as Xiaojun had the urge to quicklu go to her and hug her.

And he did, eating his pride. "I will miss you" Xiaojun spoke, softly caressing her hair. Y/N was the first to pull away from the hug, tears staining her cheeks.

He wiped them away, smiling at her with the same broken smile, maybe more painful than hers. "Why is my love crying?" Xiaojun asked, but he himself cried soon.

"Why do we have to end up... like this?" she cried out, her voice cracking from the pain. Sure, she loves Renjun. But the love she felt for the guy before her eyes, it was strong even for a short time.

He shook his head, "It will be better this way, I know it will make you happier, even from the start" he replied, his own voice cracking, looking down. His hands not leaving her shoulders.

She looked up, "Why do you have to think of me first when you're in pain, darling? Why does it have to be this way?" she asked, even if she knows the painful answer. She lifted his head by his chin, making them eye to eye.

"Because that's love, I'd rather be in pain rather than having you sad. I don't want to force myself to you, we both know that, right?" he smiled, as if asking if she understands, but she shook her head.

She sobbed, "It could've been better, I learned to love you for a short time and I could've done that before. Love... it hurts here" she tapped her chest, where her broken heart was, her shattered heart.

He could only look at her with nothing but sad eyes, a pool of tears brimming. "I know it hurts, but we're here now, aren't we? I know you love him still even if you were with me. Yes I know, you love me too. But love, was it really enough for you to give him up forever?" he knew the answer, of course.

But instead, he was shocked. "Yes, love. It is, because you cared for me, you loved me without any doubt, and I learned too, how to return them in a matter of time. We... we could've worked it out, we could've been strong, we could've- w-we-" she cried messily.

He tackled her for a hug, them now lying down. "Love, let's accept it. It's not the way we want it. We can't rewrite the stars, we can't be together, because... everything and everyone will just... tear us apart" he now let his tears fall, still hugging her, even tighter.

But she gathered up all her strength, "But... can I have you for the day, my love? Can I be yours, for the day? Can we act perfectly fine today? After this day, I promise to look forward, and you will, too, right? Can we at least... not mind this cruel world's opinion? I can't afford to lose you, darling, but I... I will, we know it, right? Please, love"