Chapter 33

A van stopped in front of the building the same time Y/N and the guys reached the building of their unit.

"Seems like they just finished too" Yangyang smiled, while the van revealed 5 grumpy boys with a smiling Renjun.

Chenle then smiled as soon as he saw the other 5, "Y/N jie!" he squealed, laughing like a dolphin while running to hug the girl.

"Missed me, Le?" she asked, the boy nodding even if they were in the same age. Y/N laughed at the boy, hugging him back.

They all soon went inside the building, the others still grumpy except Jisung and Chenle.

"Jaemin-ah, what's... up?" she asked the nearest grumpy boy, while Jaemin sighed in return.

He started, "I can't tell why, but just a bitch wrecked our mood"

Y/N laughed at the way Jaemin told her, rubbing his back. "Hey, it'll be fine~ not everyone is that bitch, and not every time y'all see that bitch. I don't know who but just smile!" she said, pulling the corners of his lips upward, succeeding to make him laugh.

Meanwhile there was Renjun who was still smiling. To be honest, Y/N was curious that out of all the dreamies, it was only him who is smiling.

She was jealous too, just a bit. She just shrugged and turned to Dejun, who was already looking at her, smiling.

"Why? Is there something on my face?" she asked, as he nodded. She quickly brought her palms to her face, searching while Xiaojun just giggled,

"I'm talking about your smile, silly. It's cute when you smile, smile often" he smiled, making her look down, embarrassed.

And Renjun? Yangyang and Taeyong looked at him to see any reaction, but he was still smiling, seemingly in his own space.

Taeyong just shrugged it off while Yangyang could only look at him, disappointed. Soon, they reached the floor of the pair's unit, silence still surrounding them. Comfortable for some, awkward for the others.

Everyone left in the house seemed to be asleep, so they just bid their good night's, going to their separate rooms.

As soon as they were changed, they just sat on their bed in silence, a weird distance between them.

"What got you smiling?" Y/N asked, masking the curiosity in a cheerful tone.

Renjun smiled, "I talked to my best friend at the company, she's been a friend of mine when I came to SM too. It's been some months since our last talk, but that is as a sunbae and hoobae. It's beem 2 years since our friendly talk, all in all"

Y/N still had the smile on her face, even with the little pain in her heart. "That's great" she smiled.

Not soon after, he fell asleep. Sure Renjun was hugging her, but it felt empty, too.

She decided to just not mind it, since nothing will happen if she thinks about it more, going to sleep.

A month passed, and through those months, they drifted apart. Sleeping in the same room but no more cuddles.

They'd even talk in school without any talks other than about the play, and a girl named Ningning joining them.

Did Y/N notice how Jaemin, Jeno, and Donghyuck's face falls when she comes? Yes.

Did she notice how Jisung and Chenle would stop talking to Renjun when the girl's with them? Yes.

Did she notice how it's almost just Renjun talking to the girl properly? Yes.

Did she notice how the girl tried to reach out to them? Yes.

Did she talk to the girl nicely? Yes.