Chapter 36

Morning came for the married couple, or let's say pair, rather, in different rooms. Renjun waking up cuddled with his girlfriend, while Y/N woke up alone.

"At least I can have the bathroom for myself without that fucker" she reasoned out, smiling to herself. She straight up went to their closet, searching through their clothes to find an outfit.

Meanwhile, Renjun just sat up, planning to maybe take a bath in the building since it will be fine, the only problem is how can he face them?

He roughly grabbed his hair out of frustration, suddenly regretting this relation with Ningning, without even explaining to Y/N first. The marriage is failing, and sadly, it's his fault.

He shook Ningning, waking her up. He decided not to go to school and call sick for the day with Ningning, so they can somehow spend the day.

Ningning then insisted for her to get his clothes, as he waited at a nearby café, sitting beside the window. And fuck his luck, as he saw a familiar trio enter the same café he's in, no other than Xiaojun, Yangyang and his wife.

Well can he still call her his wife? He then overheard their conversation since the line is really long, so he decided to listen since he's curious too.

"Hey, cheer up now, okay? You got us, you got this! We might not be your husband especially Yangyang, but we will have your back from now on" he heard Xiaojun spoke as he played with her hands, swaying it from left to right, making her giggle at the childish act.

She sighed, "I guess... well mom didn't go against my request for the divorce thing, anyway. I wanna stop chasing someone, too. That's tiring" she looked down, to have Yangyang cling his arm around her, Xiaojun lifting her head by her chin.

He then placed his pointer fingers by each end of her lips, pulling it upwards, "There you go! Smile like that and you'll be okay, alright? We got you" he smiled, as Renjun watched from afar.

He treated her better.

Renjun sighed, he didn't wanna give her up, he doesn't even know how did he end up having Ningning. Now it felt like infatuation, but he can't hurt Ning neither, he just can't.

Soon, they were seated, as Ningning came inside the café. Luckily, they didn't notice them. The trio stood up as soon as their drinks arrived, noticing how Y/N stood up without any energy at all.

He watched as they got out completely, Xiaojun giving her a piggy back ride when they were out. Ningning didn't notice Renjun's attention was not on her, anyway. It's like she's ranting in front of a chair, no one occupying it.

Now that she decided to file for a divorce, he wanted her back. He just had to be a coward and fuck things up, his life became messy. He just agreed on having Ning yesterday, and now he doesn't want to let Y/N go?

The pair too, stood up, not long after the trio did. They started going back to her apartment, planning to spend the day until 4:00, the time trainees and Renjun have to go to the building.

Renjun have decided, to be with Ningning for a week more and break it, just not to be rude. Then fight, for Y/N. He knew it's a coward move, but he is a coward, isn't he? He can't do anything now, he's defenseless, he has to admit.

He knows he might shit on his relation with Xiaojun amd Yangyang, or maybe the whole group itself, but it's his life, and a matter within him and his wife should not be touched by them, as he believed.

4:00 came, and they went to the building. He was sure NCT was there already, except the Dreamies. He's all nervous, but who is he to complain now?

On the other hand, Taeyong was aggressively checking all the practice room in the building, searching for the boy. As soon as Taeyong  saw Renjun, he came up to him, punching him hard on the face. Yuta didn't bother to stop Taeyong, knowing Renjun deserved it.