Chapter 26

Y/N woke up with a pain felt on her neck. She tried to look to her right but the pain became worse.

"Stop that, you're hurting yourself." she heard as the door opened. Renjun.

"What happened?" she asked, but Renjun didn't answer until he sat beside her. "You passed out after... the alley a while ago" he carefully spoke, afraid Y/N might be traumatized.

And she is, as she became teary eyed. Renjun hugged her even before the years fell from her eyes.

"I'm here, don't worry baby. You're safe, I'm  here" he rubbed circles on her back as she let her tears fall.

She sobbed, "I-I was so scared h-he was eager to k-kill me!" she cried out, hugging Renjun tighter.

His heart raced, and felt warm. "Shush now, baby. No one can hurt you now" he continued to whisper sweet and comforting words, until she's okay.

"Do you want some water, baby?" he asked. They both didn't realize that the call name became normal to their ears, to them both.

She smiled, "Y-yes please" she sat back as Renjun went out, getting her water. What was that? It was cute.

As Renjun passed by the living room, he got bombarded by the members' questions.

"Did she wake up already?"

"Does she need something?"

"Hold up! Yes she's awake, and she just need water" he replied, making them sigh in relief.

Taeyong stood up, going to Y/N. Yuta knew what he planned and smiled, at least he won't have to keep it.

"Y/N-ssi?" he knocked, hearing a silent come in.

He smiled as he saw the girl he loves, laying on the bed. Taeyong please, stop it now. This is not right.

"Well... can I tell you something?" he started, making Y/N confused and nervous at the same time. "S-sure..."

He sighed, "I'll make it fast. I like you, Y/N. For 3 years, and you never knew" he nervously. "A-ah? How?" she was too curious , but no, it isn't the time for that.

"Might tell you some other time, now isn't just it. Now, we're still friends, am I right?" she nodded, and Renjun came just in time.

Taeyong stood up, "Thanks then, I'll go ahead." he went to the door, stopping just before he completely leaves, "Oh, and Renjun?"

"Yes, hyung?" Renjun replied, confused.

"Take care of her..." for me.

Then he left, closing the door behind him. Yuta was there just as he went out of the pair's room. "You okay now, Tae?"

"I guess... at least we're friends, right?" at least I still have her in some way... he wanted to add, but never did he want to offend Yuta, no, never.

Yuta sighed, "We still can hang out with her, you still can. I trust you, hyung. I know you know your limits" he smiled, patting the older's back.

As for the pair, oh well. Silence. "W-well... what did Taeyong hyung tell you, baby?"

"Nothing, just for me to get well soon. You know him, him and his motherly caring traits" she smiled. She knew she shouldn't tell her husband, whether he likes her or not. Y/N knew that well, it might be awkward for Renjun and Taeyong.

Even if he can't believe it, he just agreed. I trust her, he thought. Well, not like Y/N wasn't there for him when he had Joora, right? And the assurance... that just can't be enough, Renjun knew it wasn't.

"Well anyway, we won't go to school. I'll take care of you" he spoke, to which Y/N declined.

She sighed, "We're announced as partners in the play today, then the day after, we're absent at the same time? Suspicious, Renjun. You can go to school."

"But you?" Renjun just wanted to take care of her, but Y/N thought otherwise. Can he just stop pitying me and start caring for real? Even in her thoughts, she sounded tired.

She took a deep breath, "I'm not that sick, Injun. I can walk and talk and eat and all that, I guess I can take care of myself. I survived years alone at home while being sick, I can do it again this time"

He knew what she's talking about, which hurt him too. That's why I wanted to take care of you, Y/N. I want you to feel how it feels when you took care of me.

He sighed, nodding his head, looking down. It sent Y/N guilt, "No, baby I'm not mad... I just... don't want you to be absent or miss something just because of me"

Renjun looked at her, smiling now. He held her hand, "But I can leave practice, right?" Y/N chuckled, nodding.

But him, "Yah try not nodding too much or moving your head too much, okay? It might hurt you" he said, concerned.

Now Y/N would be lying if she said she ain't touched by that, isn't she?

"Aigoo, let's just sleep" she announced. Renjun ordered her to sit, so he can arrange the pillows for her.

She complied, staring at him as he did. I'm getting lonely, and it isn't right...

This is one thing she can't help when she's physically in pain or sick, being lonely.

As they laid down, they faced each other. "Do you want me to buy you anything before I go home tomorrow. hmm?" he asked, stroking her hair.

"No, none" just come back fast, she wanted to add, but the thought of him not loving her back haunted her, as if she doesn't have the right to.

He noticed a tear fall from her left eye, "Hey, you okay?" he asked, while she bitterly smiled.

"I'm fine, just lonely thoughts. I'm fine" she smiled, but Renjun saw the difference between that smile and her usual real or cheerful smile.

He scooted closer to her, patting her head as he carefully placed it on his shoulder. "Please don't think of it anymore, don't ever do it. I'm here baby.

I don't know how to comfort you in this situation, but I wanna be here for you, forever, just like how we vowed. You're not alone, okay? I won't leave you, won't let it happen" he stroke her hair, his legs tangled with hers...

'But it's getting too late, you're losing me and I am feeling alone... save me from myself, Renjun.' she thought, bursting to tears.

AYE! Sorry for the sad and kinda crappy update. IDK if someone is still waiting for the updates, but just to let y'all know! I am getting my ideas back~ some of Y/n's thoughts are actually my thoughts, you can guess which ones are lmao, bye~ love lots! Good morning, afternoon, evening, or night~