Chapter 38

A month passed, as the married pair began to act strangers... at least to Y/N's opinion. She became distant to Renjun, even if they sleep in the same room, same bed. Yes, Renjun did broke up with Ningning, but nothing changed.

-------

"Seriously now, Dejun Xiao" she giggled as he hugged her from behind, scaring her.

Y/N was chasing Xiaojun because he stole a peck, too short she didn't even get to kiss him back.

Xiaojun smiled at the girl in his arms, happy he can use this moment soon, when the time comes...

-------

"We should break up" Renjun breathed out on the other hand, as the girl he was talking to rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, cool. I realized I am being a psychopath with the acts I am doing, good you considered it yourself" she replied, making Renjun dumbfounded.

She just smirked, "Go get her, who knows, you might be too late" Ningning spoke, before she left the fooled boy.

-------

Y/N and Xiaojun built something together, as they'd like to say, the love without label.

Sure, they are both contented by that at the moment, but Xiaojun knew there will be an end to this, this too good to be true kind of love.

Renjun also decided that day to fight for Y/N, will play fair, and will do his best to make her believe he won't do it again, and he will deserve the second chance she might give.

They were just laughing around, until a knock was heard. It was Renjun, peaking by the door.

"Sorry but, may I borrow Xiaojun ge for a while?" He politely asked. Yangyang hesitated if he should answer for Xiaojun, but he already went to the door.

Xiaojun shut the door behind him, already looking down. "P-please spill it... now" he hesitated, knowing why Renjun is there.

Just then, the elevator dinged, Y/N was already there, but the boys were unaware.

"I'll fight for my wife" she heard a voice said, recognizing it almost as soon as the guy taked.

Xiaojun kept his head hung low, fiddling with his fingers, the action annoying Renjun.

"Didn't you hear me, ge?! I will fight for my wife!! I will take her---"

"Then do, she's yours, she has always been" Xiaojun looked up, coming eye to eye with Renjun, his tears falling from his cheeks. Y/N heard how his voice was shaking, making her heart hurt.

Renjun scoffed, "So now you will give her up easily? You're not gonna fight for her back?! What kind of boyfriend are you?!"

"Why would I fight for our relation that I knew was wrong, even from the start? I will lose to you in the end, as you are a husband, and I'm only a boyfriend" Xiaojun's voice was still shaking, more tears threatening to fall.

He looked up instead, "I just wanted to feel her love, how it feels to be loved by someone you love, for almost a decade" he spat.

Renjun was about to talk, when Xiaojun beat him to it. "You know what day is it today? August 8, August fucking 8."

He then let the tears fall freely, Renjun soon realizing. "G-ge I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Stop. Sometimes the word sorry doesn't make sense. It's my birthday, happy birthday to me, I guess? But won't you look at that, you're the one who received the gift.