9. Moving together

The following night, Abhimaan was on Terrace, drinking and fuming with anger at Samaira. A mere girl has ruined his peaceful and content life. Even turned his whole family against him. 

Of course, her innocent face is not her reality. 

What kind of person would trade some other girl in their daughter's place?

What kind of person would break every contact with their so-called daughter?

And in what place would someone agree to spoil her own life?

She has hatched some big plans. And my family is getting easily fooled by her innocent charm and beautiful heart. 

Bloody hell!

"Abhi...." 

He closed his eyes and took a long breath to calm his inner rage. He put his glass aside, not wanting his mother to see him drinking. 

"Please Mother, I'm not in the right state to talk. We'll talk later." He said will finalty. 

"My sweet, sweet boy.." He felt her caressing his back, almost soothing him of his tiredness. He felt warmth instantly. 

A mother knows exactly when her child needs her love and warmth. She made him turn to her and saw the furious look in his eyes, which he was trying to hide from her. 

She inwardly chuckled.

"I know beta, what you are thinking right now. But trust me, we just want your happiness, nothing else." She said, taking his hand in her. 

"Don't start with this happiness shit now. I trusted you all, that's why I agreed to this arranged marriage thing in the first place." He replied immediately, tired of hearing the same dialogue from past months.

"What's the difference here? It's not like you had someone in your life or you loved the other girl chosen for you. Right?" She asked him, looking suspiciously. She knew the answer but just wanted to get this through her stubborn son’s head.

"No Mom, I have no one. And this is not the same as earlier. I agreed on marrying that Dhriti girl, not her cousin! Someone has deceived me. I should have given her punishment, making her regret trying to defame my family’s name but what am I doing here?"

"Nothing! F-ck!" He yelled and turned around. He fisted his hand, hard, looking away. 

This all was getting on his nerves. 

He is a controlling man, he liked to be in charge. He did not like that someone tried to mess with him. And got away with it. Well, except his mother, she turned the big bad billionaire into a big soft teddy bear.

"Abhi, look at me." Arunima was afraid of his growing hatred towards Samaira, her sweet daughter-in-law.

"You are not going to hurt her! Promise me." She said with a hard, commanding tone. 

She couldn't imagine her son hurting an innocent girl....his wife. 

"What?" He said with disbelief clear in his voice.

"You think this low of me....wow" He replied with a pained expression. 

"No I have full faith in you but I also know that you are prone to get blind in fury. You have to promise me Abhi....." Arunima replied, trying to make him understand not knowing that the damage had already been done. 

He was hurt. Very hurtful. 

"I won't ever hurt her, you have my word." He said directly looking into her eyes.