Chapter 40 Part 1

An aspiring knight
from a foreigner land

I saw a prince. He was usually the main topic of gossip. Almost all the male students here love to gossip, aside from flaunting their family's rich. Of course, a man's pride is too big that he refutes that he was gossiping like a lady. Men call it as a Trade of Report. There's a masculinity on it but in the end, it still can be seen as gossip.

According to the traders of report or gossipers, the prince of Luville Kingdom has been gaining genuine respect from the instructors and students alike on the very first day of training camp. He excels in a few of the classes and was good at every outdoor activity; swordsmanship, hunting, swimming, and horse riding. But was never bad at anything. He was also called the Golden Prince by the mass.

While I was eating at the cafeteria with the other nobles from my country, a group of jealous traders spoke badly towards the golden prince. It was an act of foolishness. There were countless noble boys in the training camp to pick but they dare to badmouth and spread lies about the prince, who's from a powerful kingdom that can destroy another kingdom with just a word.

"What's so good about him anyway? We all know that he's not that great," a boy from the Merlan Kingdom said with a smug on his face. "There are plenty of princes and nobles who exceeds than him."

The idiots were too busy enjoying their trade of reports that they didn't notice the golden prince who happened to pass by heard most of it.

It was well known from every kingdom of the prince's appearance. It would be weird if people call him golden prince if he doesn't look golden enough.

Five days after I arrived at the training camp, I saw a prince who was always the main topic of the students.

A prince of age seven, stopped his track and looked towards the group who were three or more years older than him. His hair shines like actual gold. Unreadable eyes of honey gold color.

Everyone stop from whatever they're doing and quietly watch from where they were except the group who was still oblivion from what's happening.

"I don't need to be great at everything," the prince said with a clear unwavering voice, a voice who was born to rule.

Instead of begging for forgiveness, they all look down at the prince.

Was it because the prince was small that they think he was harmless?

Fools.

"And why is that, golden prince?" The boy who looked like the leader sneered.

Without any change of expression, the prince answered. "Because excellent people will be working under me. A position that represents according to their talents."

In short, the people who will serve him one day will make their master become greater than he already is.

At the back of my head, I wanted to follow this person someday.

Who would have thought after this I would be in the same group with the prince.