MULTIVERSE 17 - READY AS I'LL EVER BE

Deku's eyes flutter open with a groan as he sits correctly in his chair, rubbing his eyes mumbling, never again with that universe. The Author poofs in, smiling weakly before saying with a snap, "This one's gonna be tough, so I'm giving you guys tissues. Also, the one after this one will be a little tough too, but not as bad as this one...I think."

Bakugo rolls his eyes but settles down between Kirishima and Deku, with the box of tissues in his lap, knowing the two beside him are going to bawl their eyes out if this universe really is that tough. Words appear on the screen, 'MULTIVERSE 17: LOADED.'

Music starts up as the audience sees Deku, in a suit without the jacket, and black gloves that he slips on as he says, "Any moment now, Your Highness." The screen flashes showing Shigaraki as he said that, before focusing back on Deku as he starts singing, "Believe me, I know." The screen switches showing Inko in the background while staring worriedly at Bakugo, who had taken most of the beatings for protecting her.

Deku is already staring blankly at the screen, tears filling his eyes as he realizes, 'Huh, at least Kacchan is saving my mom.'

"I've sunk pretty low,-" Deku grabs Kacchans' chin lifting it to look him in the eyes, "But whatever I've done you deserve." Inko reaches out saying, "Izuku-" but is cut off by Izuku saying, "Quiet!" He rolls his eyes, stepping away from Bakugo singing, "I'm the bad guy that's fine-" shows a polaroid of All Might with his face crossed off, "-It's no fault of mine, and some justice, at last, will be served."

The screen then shows flashes of Toga, Dabi, Chisaki, as Inko says, "Please listen," Izuku crouches in front of Bakugo, looking tired. "Now it's time to step up-" he stands from his crouched position, singing, "-or it's time to back down. And there's only one answer for me. So I'll stand up and fight, cause I know that I'm right."

It shows flashes of the people he had gotten close to as he sings with vigor, "And I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready....Ready as I'll ever be..." His eyes glow red as he turns, his face fading into the back of Yaomomo, as she stands on a platform facing her classmates, and other heroes.

Deku sniffles, taking a tissue hand, dabbing at his eyes with it, but it's not calming him down as he wants to know why he is going so far in this universe already. Bakugo rolls his eyes, before sneakily taking Deku's hand, tapping in a code that they used when they were kids to say, 'Calm down, Deku. Everything will be fine.'

Yaomomo starts singing, passionately while standing in front of everyone, "Now it's time to rise up, or it's time to stand down, and the answer is easy to see." As she sings this, it shows Iida, and Todoroki in the front row looking remorseful for what's to come. She continues, "And I swear by this sword-" she creates a sword while holding it above her head easily, "If you're in, get on board. Are you ready?"

It shows flashes of the others in their class in their hero suits, starting off with Todoroki singing, "I'm ready," Iida, Kirishima, Sero, and Ayoma singing, "We're ready. We're ready." Yaomomo sings softly, "Ready as I'll ever be." It shows a close up of Uraraka, clasping her hands together while doing breathing exercises in her hero suit, with All Might stepping up next to her singing, "Are you quite sure we can do this?"

All Might sighs, shifting in his seat trying not to look downtrodden by whatever has happened to his successor in this universe that caused him to join the villains.

Uraraka's face brightens, singing, "Together, we will guarantee," Deku takes a deep breath, his face blank of emotions as he sings, "I'll make them hear me." The crowd of students sings, "Now it's time to redeem or it's time to resolve," as Yaomomo sings, "Prove they can trust me." The crowd sings, "And the outcome will hardly come free," as Uraraka sings, "I'll save my home and family."

The screen shows Iida, Kiri, Sero, and Ayoma singing, "Now the lines in the sand-" as Jiro, Tokoyami, and Mina continue, "And our moment's at hand." Todoroki sings, "And I'm ready-" Yaomomo, "I'm ready-" Uraraka, and All Might, "I'm ready." The screen focuses on Izuku as he smirks at the camera singing softly, "Ready as I'll ever be," before his skin lights up with green sparks and then the screen cuts to black.

Deku is closing to fainting but is breathing deeply or trying to breathe evenly by focusing on the hand that is clutched in Bakugo's, using it to stabilize himself. Todoroki grabs his other hand, sighing softly, squeezing it three times as Rei, Inko, Eri, and Kota, are poofed back into the room. They head back to their seats, not asking questions as they can see nobody wants to talk about the previous universes.

The Author poofs back in saying, "So the next one is going to be a little sad, but not like... the kids needing to leave sad, I guess." They shrug and then poof out as words appear on the screen, 'MULTIVERSE 18: LOADING.'

________________________________________

A/N: 887 words, man am I glad I am updating multiple times today, to give you guys more to read than below 900 words. BTW, the next one made me cry as I wrote it, so uh...good luck reading it.

1) See You Again

2) SIX LIVE

3) MAD - Oshakashama

4) Spider Lillies

5) I'm So Sorry

6) Disney Theme Songs

7) Teacher's Pet

8) Happy Death Day