MULTIVERSE 44 - STANDING

The hero and students, mostly the students, stay relaxed as once again, the four are allowed to stay in the room for the next universe. 'MULTIVERSE 44: LOADED.'

Yagi sighs softly, leaning back and resting against a desk as he watches Deku train from the window. "You're not ready for the world outside. You keep pretending, but you just can't hide. I know I said that I'd be standing by your side, but I..." He shakes his head, crossing his arms as he moves closer to the window.

Deku looks up and smiles brightly, waving at Yagi through the window, before focusing back on his training. "Your path's unbeaten, and it's all uphill. And you can meet it, but you never will. And I'm the reason that you're standing still. But I..."

All Might sighs as he knows exactly what his other self is talking about, clenching his hand into a tight fist. Wondering if he'll ever be rid of the demon known as All For One, even if he should be locked up in Tartarus.

Deku is frowning, wondering why All Might thinks that he's holding him back, glancing back at All Might to question him, but shakes his head.

"I wish I could say the right words to lead you through this land. Wish I could play the father and take you by the hand. Wish I could stay here but now I understand. I'm standing in the way." All Might leans forwards, resting his hands against the window sill, the ghost of Nana Shimura appearing behind him, frowning as she watches All Might watch his successor.

All Might gasps as he sees this, and Shigaraki sits up a little straighter, his hands coming up to scratch at his neck. A few people look at Shigaraki confused but shrug it off.

"The cries around you, you don't hear at all. 'Cause you know I'm here to take that call. So you just lie there when you should be standing tall. But I..." Yagi shakes his head, smiling weakly as he watches his successor.

"I wish I could lay your arms down and let you rest at last. Wish I could slay your demons, but now that time has passed. Wish I could stay here, your stalwart, standing fast. But I'm standing in the way, I'm just standing...in the way..."

Deku stands up, walking towards the playroom, and All Might follows, Inko looks like she wants to follow but is stopped by Mitsuki who shakes her head.

Deku looks up at All Might once in the room before saying in a timid tone, "You do know that you are the one person who could never truly stand in my way of becoming a hero. You've taught me things that my dad should've been here to teach me. And there is no one, I'd rather be my father figure than you." All Might chuckles, misty-eyed, before bringing Izuku into a hug.

They walk out after a minute more of the hug, and sit back into their respective seats. 'MULTIVERSE 45: LOADING.'

__________________________________

A/N: 511 words, not the best, but better than some of my previous chapters.

1) Walk Through The Fire

2) For Your Dumb Friend