MULTIVERSE 28 - DEKU MISSES YAGI

Everyone settles into their seats while trying not to think of the last universe where Izuku was so ready to give his life for people he didn't know. Granted, he wants to become the best hero ever, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he did, just that they got to see it in action was enough, 'MULTIVERSE 28: LOADED.'

Deku is kneeling in front of Nighteye, back to him, blood on his face as Nighteye stitches Deku's back, with Deku flinching and bringing a hand to his face in pain, "Nighteye." Night sighs saying, "Alright, alright, relax. Just a few more, there we go," but is interrupted when Deku says, lightly slamming his fist against the table, "Oh my god Nighteye." Nighteye says, "Relax."

All Might sighs confused on why Young Midorya looks so distraught, and why he is being stitched up by Nighteye on a plane. Deku is frowning as he looks confused at this universe, but also tearing up at the reminder of Nighteye not being with them, Mirio trying to hold his tears.

Deku stands up and steps away from Nighteye, "Don't tell me to relax, Nighteye. How can I relax when I messed up so bad?" He takes a deep breath, tears in his eyes, "I trusted Shigaraki, right? I thought he was my friend, so I gave him the only thing that Mr. Yagi left behind for me. And now, he's gonna kill my friends, and half of Europe, so please, do not tell me to relax."

All Might sighs again, now knowing why both Nighteye and Deku looked so tense in this universe, and not liking how his death affected his pupil and friend so much. Deku whimpers pulling Shoto's arm to his chest, and hiding his face into his shoulder.

Deku sits in one of the other plane chairs, his voice cracking as he says, "I-I'm sorry Nighteye, I'm sorry I shouldn't shout." He lifts his head showing the audience that his eyes are now red and puffy, with a deep sigh whispering, "I just really miss him."

Nighteye nods after licking his lips, "Yeah, I miss him too." Deku shakes his head, taking in a shuddering breath as he says softly, "Everywhere I go, I see his face. And, the whole world is asking who's gonna be the next All Might and-"

He rubs his nose, trying to clear the lump from his throat, a few tears making their way down his face. "I don't know if that's me, Nighteye. I'm not All Might," Nighteye shakes his head after sighing, "You're not All Might, you're never gonna be All Might. Nobody could live up to Yagi, not even Yagi. Yagi was my best friend, and he was a mess." Deku looks up, eyes still red as Nighteye continues, "He second-guessed everything he did, he was all over the place. The one thing that he did, that he didn't second guess, was picking you. I don't think Yagi would have done what he did if he didn't know you were gonna be here after he was gone." The screen fades to black.

Deku is sobbing softly before he turns his head to glance at All Might, then he climbs out of Shoto's arms then jumps onto All Might, sobbing softly into his side, causing All Might to lightly pat his head, but also hug him back. A few people are wiping their tears or licking their lips and trying to clear the lumps in their throats. 'MULTIVERSE 29: LOADING,' appears on the screen after All Might finally gets Deku settled back into Shoto's arms comfortably and asleep, after tuckering himself out from crying so hard.

_________________________________________

A/N: 613 words for this chapter, btw guys I forget I had written another chapter so you guys are getting up to, technically, 30 chapters plus the prologue today.

1) In Case You Don't Live Forever

2) What's A Soulmate?