MULTIVERSE 34 - I MISS HIM

Eri, Kota, Rei, and Inko are teleported out of the room as a note appears on the screen saying, 'This universe involves suicide or talk of suicide, so be warned.' After a few minutes of everyone trying to calm themselves down from the cryptic, but also heart-damaging note, more words appear on the screen, 'MULTIVERSE 34: LOADED.'

Immediately the screen shows Todoroki sitting on a couch in Aizawa's office with Iida sitting on one side, and Ochako on the other. Aizawa is sitting behind his desk, looking at the three students morosely, after having told them the news. Aizawa looks upset as he is about to bring up another topic, "You are 15 years old, I don't think you understand how worried we are."

Shoto rolls his eyes, not wanting to bring up this topic while crossing his arms, Iida and Ochako tensing as they also realize the shift of topic. "What is going on with you and this boy," Aizawa continues but is cut off when Shoto speaks, "Katsuki, makes me feel good. Is there something wrong with that?"

Todoroki startles while sitting a little straighter, wondering why he would go for Katsuki, especially after having lost Deku in this universe. But he shrugs it off as he remembers how close both he and Katsuki are to Deku, and how they would be if they lost him.

Katsuki blanches a little when realizing that he is a rebound but shrugs it off knowing that the half-and-half bastard probably needed it.

"It's scary," Ochako speaks up, her voice cracking a little as Shoto asks in a monotone voice, "Scary?" Ochako continues, starting to stand, "You can't replace Deku," Shoto stands, shouting as tears fill his eyes, "Why not? He broke up with me, by killing himself!"

Deku flinches, stuffing his face into Shoto's neck at this, not wanting to leave anyone by doing that, as Kacchan grabs his ankle even tighter than before.

Shoto's voice cracks as he continues, "I hate him! I hate him... I feel like I'm never gonna be happy again. And every day, it just gets worse and worse, I can't miss him anymore." He looks up at Aizawa, hands clenched at his side, "I can't, I don't want to... He never even said goodbye..."

Everyone in their seats flinches at that last line as both Kacchan and Shoto's grip on Deku tighten, not wanting him to leave him in such a sudden manner.

Aizawa nods, before shooing Iida and Ochako out of the room to speak with Shoto alone about this. After they leave the room, Shoto collapses into his chair, tears finally leaking down his cheeks as he whispers hoarsely, "I miss him so much it hurts. Will this pain ever go away?" Shoto looks up at Aizawa, as he holds one hand to his heart and the other to his stomach, trying to rid himself of the pain.

Deku whimpers at seeing one of the few people he had gotten close to, so hurt just because they lost him, never wanting to see them put through something like this. Shoto is cringing and trying not to think of what it would be like if Deku wasn't there, and how weak he seems at this moment.

"I'm trying not to think about it all but, no matter how hard I try to distract myself nothing makes me feel better," Shoto sniffs, raising a hand to wipe his face. Aizawa sighs, moving from behind the desk, to kneel in front of Shoto saying softly, "Eventually it'll get easier, and the aching will hurt less, I promise." He takes Shoto's hands in his, to give comfort, as he knows exactly what Shoto is going through, "It's gonna take time."

Shoto smiles weakly before saying quietly, "Imaging that he's with me, and what he would say... Sometimes it's... like I can almost feel him." He removes a hand from Aizawa's and wipes his tears as his voice gets a little stronger, "I don't wanna be done... I don't want this to be over because when this is over, I have to admit that he's gone...Forever."

Shoto has a tear sliding down his cheek before he freezes when a gentle hand wipes it away, leaning into the soft touch before flinching away quickly. Deku had seen the tear and wiped it away, frowning at the sudden flinch but shakes his head and looks at the screen.

Shoto lets out a soft sob, "I'm not ready... I need him, I can't do this without him, I can't live without him." The screen cuts to black as soft piano notes fade away.

Shot stands quickly, heading to the restroom with Deku following close behind, both of them not noticing the looks that the others had given. Katsuki looks like he was about to follow but didn't because he knew that he needed to give them their time. Kirishima wraps his arm around Katsuki's shoulder, pulling him close mumbling, "They're gonna be okay."

Meanwhile, in the bathroom, sitting on the floor in the last stall is Deku and Shoto, Shoto trying to not have a breakdown, while Deku hums softly holding his head to his chest. "Shoto, I am not leaving this world okay, I am fine. You don't have to worry about me." Shoto nods slowly, finally relaxing against Deku's chest, a faint pink hue collecting on his cheeks.

After they join everybody again, they are holding hands with Deku now pulled to Shoto's chest as words appear on the screen, 'MULTIVERSE 35: LOADING.'

________________________________________

A/N: 924 words for this chapter, again not great, but better than the next universe. 

1) Father's leave

2) Introducing Me

3) Gaston

4) Class 1-A Rap

5) Deku Finds out