The Heavy Hearts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/n) - Your name
(S/N) - Sibling's Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(F/N) - Father's Name
(E/C) - Eye Color
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

Back in the room Hans and Anna stood together with Anna buried close into Hans' chest to keep warm. "What happened out there?"

Anna curls into Hans. "Elsa struck me with her powers."

Hans grew concerned. "You said she'd never hurt you."

"I was wrong." She said after a few moments of silence. Then a large chill went up her spine as she groans in pain.

"Anna?" Hans quickly picks up Anna and brings her over to the couch laying her down.

Anna places her hand over her heart as she looks up at Hans. "She froze my heart and only an act of true love can save me.."

Hans realizes what he must do. "A true love's kiss.."

Hans gently runs his hand across Anna's left cheek before slowly moving down her jaw to beneath her chin. He lips her face towards him as he leans down towards Anna's lips. She closes her eyes as they get closer and so does Hans.

((You know what's happening.))

"Oh, Anna." Hans opens his eyes looking down into hers as she opens them. "If only there was someone out there who loved you." He small smirks pulling away from her.

Anna became confused quickly. "What?" Hans walks across the room to the window. "You said y-you did.."

Hans glances back at Anna and starts to speak as he closes the curtains and starts to remove his glove. "As thirteenth in line in my own kingdom, I didn't stand a chance. I knew I'd have to marry into the throne somewhere."

"But... w-what are you talking about?" Anna still didn't understand.

"As heir, Elsa was preferable, of course, but no one was getting anywhere with her." Hans licks his pointer and middle finger before pinching the flame of the candle on the table behind the couch putting it out. He turns and looks at Anna. "But you..."

Anna still didn't wanna believe what was happening. "Hans?"

"You were so desperate for love, you were willing to marry me, just like that." Hans picks you the pitcher on the table beside the fire. He pours it out on the wood putting out the flame. "I figured, after we married, I'd have to stage a little accident for Elsa."

Anna stumbles off the couch reaching out for the extinguished fire. "Hans. No, s-stop.."

"But then she doomed herself, and you were dumb enough to go after her." Hans puts the pitcher back down on the table ignoring Anna's please for help.

Anna begs again. "Please.."

"All that's left now is to kill Elsa and bring back summer." Hans stood above Anna talking as if killing a person wasn't a terrible thing at all.

Anna weakly looks up at Hans trying to stay strong no matter how cold and weak she felt. "You're no match for Elsa."

Hans grabs her chin making her meet his eyes. "No, you're no match for Elsa." Hans stands back up, pulling on his glove. His voice getting a bit darker. "I, on the other hand, am the hero who is going to save Arendelle from destruction."

Anna was completely angered with Hans and had every right to be. As Hans makes his way towards the door, she calls out. "You won't get away with this."

Hans looks back at Anna as he opens the door with a small smirk and a cocky attitude. "Oh, I already have." He shrugs and shuts the door, locking it.

Anna quickly stumbles towards the door. "Please, somebody help. Please. Please!" As she calls out her hair goes completely white and she shakes, shrinking to the floor.

===========

In the dining hall the Duke, the dignitaries, and (Y/N) are gathered worried about the temperatures dropping more.

The Duke paces the floor rubbing his arms trying to keep warm. "It's getting colder by the minute. If we don't do something soon we'll all freeze to death."

The door creaks open and in steps Hans. Everyone is a bit surprised and wait to hear what had happened.

"Prince Hans." (Y/N) says in shock trying to keep the formality in front of the dignitaries and the Duke.

Hans looks up at the group his eyes lingered on (Y/N)'s before focusing on the ground. "Princess Anna is...dead."

Everyone is in complete shock. No one can believe the beloved princess is dead. The Spanish Dignitary speaks up. "What...?"

"What happened to her?" The Duke steps forward towards Hans placing his hand on his shoulder.

A chair is brought over and Hans sits down still in shock of his own as to what happened. "She was killed... by Queen Elsa."

Everyone gasps in shock. It couldn't be true.

"No!.. Her own sister." The Duke says softly in disbelief, but he also knew it had to have been the queen.

Hans spoke weakly in his distraught. "At least we got to say our marriage vows...before she died in my arms." He was "heartbroken". Everyone's faces full of pity and sadness for the man who lost the love of his life all too soon. (Y/N) inside knew the true, but hearing him say that hurt her to no end. This wasn't right.

"There can be no doubt now, Queen Elsa is a monster and we are all in grave danger." The Duke turns to the group. He had wanted Queen Elsa killed from the start, he would finally get it with reason and support from everyone else.

The Spanish Dignitary turns to Hans. "Prince Hans, Arendelle looks to you."

Hans is silent for a few long moments. (Y/N) held her breath waiting for him to speak. To say the words she knew he'd say. He was getting what he wanted. "With a heavy heart.. I charge Queen Elsa of Arendelle.. with treason.. and sentence her to death." He slowly looks up at the group the heavy decision he had made showed in his eyes as he wished he never had to make the choice. One person knew the truth behind those beautiful green eyes of his... That HE was the true killer of Anna and next in line... Elsa...