Changing Thoughts

This chapter came out a lot faster then I was expecting, but I'm not complaining. I hope you enjoy!! Love you all!!! 😁💕💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/n) - Your Name
(S/N) - Sibling's Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(F/N) - Father's Name
(E/C) - Eye Color
(L/N) - Last Name
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Person POV

Claudius and I walk out of the princes' hallway and make a few turns, right left then right again. If I didn't have Claudius walking me to my room, I'm sure I would have gotten lost by now. It's a maze in this castle.

After that long bit of walking, we reach the door to my bedroom. I turn to Claudius and smile, "Thank you for giving me a tour, Claudius, I don't know if I could have done it without you."

"It was my pleasure Miss." Claudius smiles happily.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow." I turn to grab the handle of my door, but I stop and look back at him. "Actually, when's breakfast tomorrow?"

Claudius chuckles, "Breakfast will come to your room when you ring the bell."

I raised my eyebrow extremely confused. At my confusion, Claudius steps closer to me and opens the door to my room. He walks into my room and I follow after him. Beside my large bed hung a thick rope with tassels on the bottom.

Claudius motions to the rope. "You pull down on this and someone will come running in. You tell them what you need and they'll go get it for you. How do you not know how that wor-" He takes a few moments before he connects the dots. "Ohhhhh yeaaaaaaah. I forgot that you're not a princess. I guess only royalty have things like that."

"We don't need people running around doing things for us because we know how to do things ourselves." I smirk softly before examining the room.

Claudius stood there confused again before it finally processed. "Hey! We can do things too you know."

"Oh really? Well, having servants wait on your hand and foot doesn't really prove that now does it?" I knew I had won as soon as Claudius crossed his arms and puffed out his cheeks.

A few moments passed between us, I was worried that I had made Claudius upset. That wasn't my intention; I just wanted him to know that people of royal status have an extremely different life then people like me. We have to work for everything. We work to get food on the table, to keep our homes, and even just to survive. Yes, some of us have it worse or better then others, but compared to the royals of all the lands, we all have it rough.

"You're right..." Claudius said.

My eyes widened slightly as I look to him.

"Royals do have it better than the middle and lower classes.. and we completely ignore the fact that we do.. We put ourselves above everyone else, but.. Why? We don't deserve to be above any of you. The only thing different between you and I is that my father was a king and his father before him was a king. Nothing makes me special; nothing makes any of us special. We don't deserve our title..." Claudius looks off at the ground. He sounded almost angry with himself. Somehow I had been able to reach him and show him the truth of the world around him.

"Claudius, I'm so glad that you've realized the difference between the classes, but please don't be angry with yourself. It wasn't your choice for it to be this way." I step up beside Claudius placing my hand on his shoulder. He turns his head to look at me a soft frown on his lips. He was still upset with himself.

"There has to be something I can do (Y/N)." Claudius pleads with me. He knew I had no control of what was happening, but I was the only other person who saw the difference in the classes like him.

I sigh softly. "If there is.. I don't know what it is yet.."

Claudius sighs as well. We both felt defeated. What could a prince and some middle class girl do?

"We'll figure it out Claudius, it might just take some time.." I spoke softly.

We went into silence again. There wasn't much to say. We were stuck between a rock and a hard place. We had almost no control of what was happening. There has to be a way to change things, we just have to figure it out.

"I'm going to head back to my room.. I'll.. see you tomorrow, alright?.." Claudius spoke softly, looking to me.

I look back at him and nod. "Yeah.."

Claudius turns and walks out of my room closing the door behind him. I stood there watching the door before going over to my bed. I let myself fall back onto the bed feeling the soft padding and blankets below me. This was definitely more extravagant than what I was used to, but it felt too good for me to want to complain more about the status difference in their style of beds. I was going to enjoy every moment of this.

Sadly, it didn't last long as I heard a soft knock at the door. I sat up confused at who would be at my door at this hour. I stood up from my spot laying on the bed and made my way towards the door. I grab the handle turning it and open the door.

"Miss (Y/N), I wanted to make sure you haven't forgotten our meeting."