Silencing Father and Son

I'm sorry for the wait everyone. It's been hard to get my brain to work recently. Credit goes out to the original artist of the photo above. I do hope you enjoy today's update. I love you all!! 😁💕💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/n) - Your name
(S/N) - Sibling's Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(F/N) - Father's Name
(E/C) - Eye Color
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Person POV

I look at the two, father and son standing in silence. The father stares down at his son who can't even meet his gaze knowing his father won't be happy with him. Hans told me his father didn't like him, so this wouldn't make things any better for him. It reality, it would probably make things a lot worse.

The silence continued for a while. I wanted to speak up, but it was not my place to. This was between Hans and his father.

"Father, I'm-" Hans spoke up softly. I could tell he wanted to explain himself, but his father held up his hand silencing him.

"Silence, you are not to speak, unless you are spoken to." His father's voice was on the deeper side which helped to make him sound more intimidating.

I was afraid of what he would say. What could he be thinking? I'm sure he had heard about what had happened in Arendelle, but what all had he heard? Not everyone tells the same story even if they witnessed the same things. It was a mystery for now.

"So, you convince me to let you go to Arendelle for the coronation of the queen on behalf of the kingdom. Then you try to kill off the queen and princess?! Are you that foolish, son!?" The king's voice boomed throughout the room. He was furious.

"I didn't-" Hans again tries to speak up.

The king growls. " I am not finished!!" Hans once more goes silent as the king continues. "I trusted you with the simplest of tasks. You attend the ceremony, you talk to other kingdoms to try and get them to become trade partners, especially Arendelle, and then you return home. That's it! Your brother could handle that task easily at age 11!!" The king swings his arm to his left and motions to what I assumed to be his oldest son.

"I'm not Caleb, father!!" Hans was tired of being yelled at."

The king stares down at Hans, his eyes full of rage. "That's right, you're not!! HE can handle doing simple tasks and being responsible!!! YOU can not!!!"

I hated the yelling that was going on in front of me, but it looked like I wasn't the only one. I looked to the Queen who still looked disappointed in Hans, but even more disappointed in the fighting between father and son. Hans' brothers looked the exact same. Caleb looked to be a bit ashamed. I think it was because he didn't like that his father held his brothers to the high expectations of being like him. Maybe he didn't like being him either. That would have to be something I would have to discuss with him if I ever get the chance.

"I am responsible!!" Hans fires back at his father.

The king's screams continued to get louder. "You tried to kill the royals of Arendelle!!! That's not responsible!!!"

"I was trying to prove to you that I'm just as good as my brothers!! I'm tired of being in all 12 of their shadows!!!" Hans was furious with his father. He wouldn't listen to him or even try to understand.

That's when the Queen decided to step forward and end this screaming match. "SILENCE!"

Both father and son went silent and looked to the Queen, so did all the brothers. This woman had more power than anyone would ever know. She had control over everyone in the room just from a single word. The king may have the title of the ruler of the Southern Isles, but his Queen was the true wielder of that power and everyone knew it.